Chapter 11

Seb's pov

Festivals are innately excruciating. I mean its a given when it involves masses of various demographics but what I recently discovered is festivals are even more excruciating when you are involved in the organising end of them and being a mere judgemental audience to the outcome, is nothing compared to being on the other side of the stage. Being the alphas mate is the absolute exemplification of it.

"Sebastian! "

Speak of the devil.

Oh, and the fact that the said alpha is continuously on your throat, coaxing you to not do any task at your hand, doesn't really help.

" Sebastian! Get down. You don't really have to do this, there are others-" He stops his babbling as I climb one more step on the ladder,not paying him any attention. We wouldn't get anything done if I did.

I peel the rope resting on my shoulder and start tying it the hook attached to the wall, with his disapproving eyes on me. After forming the perfect knot,I pat myself on the shoulder mentally before I place my left foot on the descending step to get down. I repeat the same until  I reach the last, as I was setting the foot on it, my grip on the side rails falters resulting in me missing the step.

"Goddess! Seb, careful." Big hands are already on my back to stabilize my stance. The near terrifying experience should've been the reason for my heart thumping faster but it's not.

Seb

He called me seb.

Now with my cheeks flushed, both with embarassment and new found bashfulness, I get down.

"You okay? I told you it wasn't safe." He says with a pained look on his face. Concern and alarm emitting off him as he carefully places his hand on my shoulder to look for any possible injuries.

"I'm fine, not hurt anywhere." I reassure him by placing my hand over his as his concerned expression turns into one of relief. He points to a nearby chair and dragging it effortlessly, for me to sit. Even though his worry is completely redundant, I couldn't say no to the gesture.

I sit in the chair awkwardly feeling the eyes of people in the room on us, their curious looks trying to figure out the situation. Oblivious to everything, Leo hands me a glass of water keeping his eyes solely on me. I accept the water, drinking it in slow gulps to concentrate and the glass in my hand nearly breaks as my hand jerks in shock at the scene infront of me.

Leo's frame descends until his height reduces into half and settles on his knees infront of me. I look up finding his eyes right in front of me and the whole world blurs.

A skeptical look gracing his face as his fingers brush against the skin on my ankle. The simple touch makes me feel things I shouldn't be feeling at the moment.

I divert my attention to his touch, he slowly raises up my leg to get a better look. In a trance, I kept watching him as he examined and blindly nodding to his whatever questions he's been asking.

A few coos from the background brings me back into this world and the chatter in the room suddenly seems louder, I look around to find everyone's eyes on us, all the girls with similar awed look and guys just look amused.

"I think it's sprained." Leo states, still oblivious to all the attention.

As if my body is just realising it's condition, it provides me the pain to prove his words. I wince as he quickly retracts his hands and looks up in concern.

"I don't think it's--" I tried to get up. "Oww" but the pain shots through me as soon as I set the foot down.

" I will take you to the hospital, we should get it treated."