Chapter 10

Leo's pov

Reginald Ivory Agnes is one of the most strongest alphas, definitely the most feared. Accomplishing everything one could only dream by leading the largest pack of all times,at the youngest age. He made everyone quake in their steps by only raising an eyebrow, is now grinning like a kid listening to my mate as he explained about something to him, rather animatedly.

With a content smile on my face, I watched my two most favorite people interact.

After the lunch, dad insisted us to stay for some more time. Despite having classes, Seb immediately obliged without a word, which is understandable considering how much they indulged in their conversations about certain topics, only they enjoyed. Like the nine hundred year old statue, Seb discovered as a part of his excavation project.

I fish out my phone from the pocket, to take a picture of them. As I keep admiring the picture, a taunting thought makes it's way to the foreground of my mind. What if this is one of the last times I'll see them together,in the same room?

The familiar coldness from this morning clawed at my heart like when I woke up again in an empty bed with no sight of him. I thought it was over, once and for all.

"Leonard!"

I turn around to find both of them intently staring at me, while I'm lost in my thoughts. I approach them with a sheepish smile,sitting at the table by dragging the chair beside Seb.

Clearing his throat, dad starts talking
"I hope you both are aware about the Heksuwan festival that is celebrated in some lineages every year." We nod in response and he continues "So, the council wants to restart the tradition and they offered us the opportunity to organise it, this year." On finishing the sentence, my first instinct was to turn to Seb, to look at his reaction.

I was afraid, that he'd be repulsed by the proposition but he looked rather pleased. Turning towards me, he gives me his brightest smile as it quickly reflects in my mood and I can't help but revel in the ray of hope that smile brought.

The next hour passed by, discussing the necessary arrangements and million more strategies for the smooth implement of the festival in accordance to the reign. I am aware that most of it have to do with the politics of the council but still keeping up with the traditions is fundamental for maintaining pack dynamics.

And it is time for Seb's class, he got up after checking the time. He gave me a side glance before walking up to dad to say his bye before coming my way, I am already fishing the car keys out of my pocket when he approaches me with a confused expression.

" I will drop you." I blurt out,without thinking twice.

"There's no need for that, I can take the train." He declares with a pointed look before walking out of the door.

I swiftly catch up, grabbing his hand to stop him. He stops but not without giving me a dirty look by turning around.

"What are you doing?" He asks, checking if anyone there have seen us.

" I want to, I need to talk to you, Please!" I add.

He looks at me, the skepticism evident in his eyes. I can almost see the gears turning in his head by the way he stood still,his face blank.

"Whatever." He mumbles, making his way towards the car and I follow smiling like an idiot.

I beat him to opening the passenger door, luckily he gets in without a word and our drive starts after I settle in my seat.

The silent journey quickly takes us to the destination, the car making a stop at the large building I recently got familiar with. Looks like we are early, as most of the slots in the parking lot are empty and the campus is overall deserted except for few people. Seb looks at me, his hands folded as a silent gesture for asking me to start speaking. All the speeches I have prepared inside my head seemed to abandon me once again as I stare at him with my mouth agape.