Chapter 5

Seb's pov

Getting to classes has never been this tiring, waking up early and getting ready was a task that is dreading by itself, somehow I got used to it so it wasn't the toughest part.

Running through the woods in my wolf form was just fine but after crossing the woods, I had to opt to the most liable human form of transport, that is walking. It used up my ninty percent of the battery of the day to make it to the station in time.

But having to stand in the over crowded train for the whole journey definitely takes the cake. So here I am managing to stand with only one leg properly footed with the other one dangling in the air not knowing it's placement.

You should've accepted the lift when offered- Venus voices out his sassy remark.

Well I still have some self esteem to spare, something my wolf part slightly lacks - I counter not having any of it.

And I'm wrong for saying that out of empathy, the thing my human part never had - Venus retorts back with the equal force.

Ouch...That hurt.

Okay! I'll accept my defeat this time - I surrender accepting my fate infront of him like I always do. I'm not going against his unnecessarily witty comebacks especially this early in the morning.

He celebrates his little victory flipping his imaginary hair and we both laugh at that.

I'm glad you are back to your cheery self today - Venus says when we're done laughing.

He's right.

I am not feeling too shitty today and I managed to have thoughts that doesn't entirely revolve around him and our relationship. I know I can't ignore everything that happened forever. But I need more time to arrive at a rational decision, So I'm going to give myself that time.

The journey goes a little faster, thanks to Venus for keeping me company. Even though it's just him stating his opinions I never asked for, but that made the journey a bit bearable, so I'm thankful nonetheless.

As soon as I got off the train, I got reminded of the fact that I have to walk the remaining distance to the university, almost made me want to get back into the train but I am stronger than that.

I want to grab something to eat on the way but I don't think I'd make it to class in time if I stopped for that, so I scratched that plan and hurry to the destination.

Arriving at the University, I head straight to my class, to see Fred already waiting for me at our respective seats. He waves his hand to signal me to come over to him like I'd get lost if he don't, as if we weren't sitting at the same spot for the past one year. Shaking my head at his antics , I make my way to him.

"Glad to see that you are still alive." He greets me with the possibly most bizzare sentence, but I can't blame him for it.

"Morning Fred." I reply ignoring his sarcasm, hoping he won't dig too much into the reason of my disappearance.

He stares at me, examining me from head to toe repeatedly for two to three times, as if that solves the mystery he made up in his mind about why I disappeared.

I left the class early on the day Leo went missing not saying anything to Fred and I haven't responded his calls, so it's natural for him to think something happened to me.

"I'll drop it this time but an update on your status is much appreciated next time." He declares sparing me for now.

I just smile at him in relief because there's no way I could explain him everything that happened when I haven't even processed it myself. And that too how could he possibly explain to a human about all the mate stuff.