Chapter 16

Leo's pov

With my shaking hands, I tasted the sauce.

Decent

I thought to myself as I made my usual sauce for the pasta recipe. While I am very much familiar with the making of the recipe, what I am not at all with is, having the eyes of Sebastian on me unrelently as I did so.

I turn my head once again to check if he's still watching me intently and not to my surprise, he is.

Chuckling to myself, I put off the flame before serving the pasta into plates.
" There you go " I announce placing one of the plates infront of him.

He smiles and hurries to scoop up some pasta to take a bite. "Careful, it's hot." I warn him, but when has he ever listened.

I gulped along with him as he took the first bite in anticipation and another one, followed by another. By the time he decides to speak, I started to sweat.

" They were right. " he states.

" Huh? "

" They were right. Liona's pup can cook very well. " he repeats with an evident mischievousness  making the heat creep up my neck. He really can be a major tease sometimes.I cough awkwardly trying to clear my throat.

" I'm glad- you liked it. " I say, still feeling very embarrassed and he smiles wider in response. Unable to keep my composure any more I return his smile. We complete the rest of the meal in diligent silence except some occasional chatter.

" How old were you when she passed away? " he asks me softly while I am clearing dishes.

" Ten. "

He hums in response, silently making a note of my answer.

" What is she like? "

For a moment, I am startled by the current tense, then I remembered the things I told him earlier. Feeling warm in my chest, I start telling him about all the things I remember about her and some things I can't forget no longer feeling the pity of the world, not when his eyes held all the warmth that was there as he looked at me.

                ____________________

" You know what we should do, a cooking competition,like a legit one. We should both cook our best dishes and then invite our friends and have them judge the dishes. " Seb says inbetween his bites of the icecream he's currently devouring. His tone is very particular as if he's seriously considering it.

" Sure. " I agree with whatever he's saying before leaning forward to wipe the cream on the side of his lips,the action making his babbling halt. He flushes as his cheeks tinge pink, while he rubs vigorously at the sides of his lips for any leftover traces.

This is the Sebastian I have been introduced to in past few days. After we have opened up to eachother, I got to see a new version of him altogether. This version of Seb smiles a lot, talks a lot or rather blurts out about everything and anything that comes to his mind and also touches me a lot.

I don't know if he does it consciously or not, he is no longer shying away from physical contact, these days he even initiated it, which felt....good.

Really good

Good? I remember you salivating just at the aspect of it - Rex snorts.

As if you are any better - I get back, shutting him up.

"What's your first reaction when you found out your mate is a...guy." Seb asks seemingly out of nowhere, which means it's been on his mind.