Chapter 15

Seb's pov

" What's your favorite color? "

That question brings a laugh out of me before I can stop myself from doing so.

“What?” He raises his eyebrow in amusement.

“ Nothing. I just… you seemed so deep in thought in order to come up with that question.” I answer, holding in my laugh.
his brows furrow at that before he catches up on my sarcasm. He raises his arm to  touch the back of his neck in embarrassment before saying “ it’s a genuine question.”

His tone does sound very genuine when he asked,  suddenly making me feel like an asshole.
“alright. Its- uhm, blue? “ I answer like a fool because honestly I don’t even know it myself but he seems content with the answer as he hums his approval.
“ whats yours?”
“ I like grey.”

" Oh! But technically, grey is not a color."

" It is. " he deadpans.

"No it's not, I think it's a shade of black."

" Well, if that's the case. Black isn't even a color to begin with. It's just nothingness. "

And that's how we spent the next one hour, arguing whether grey is a color or not and that might be the best conversation we ever had.

Our banter ends with a companionable silence and that's when a brilliant thought come to me, atleast I think it is.

" Let's do twenty questions." I say out acquiring his attention.

" Okay? How do we...do it? "

" So we ask eachother twenty one questions, which are supposed to help us get to know better and we need to answer them honestly, like very honestly. " I emphasis on the 'honesty' because that might be my chance to get some answers out of him.

Thankfully he nods with no hesitation " Sounds good. You go first? "

"Me? No! I mean, we already did one with the ' favorite color one' so it's your turn again now. "

He listens intently to my blabbering as if I made any sense but I guess I did. He lets out an exasperated sigh before saying " Right. So, I can ask you anything. " he asks.

"Mm " I answer mindlessly.

" Anything? " he repeats his question.
Now I'm sweating, did I get myself into I can't back out from. Not my first time.

" Go- Go ahead. "

I close my eyes as that would avoid me from hearing it.

" Why do you go to university? "

" Huh? "

" It's rare among us,most of us stop with high school, so I am just curious as to why you continued your education? It's not a bad thing ofcourse, it is great that you do. Don't get me wrong..." his panic becomes evident as he speaks more.

" Um, no specific reason. I just loved learning new things I suppose. " I come up with a reply.

Liar! - Venus calls me out but he too knows that's the main reason.

" I'm glad to hear that, you always seemed so passionate about it."

" I try. "

He asked me more questions about my course, the kind of projects related to it on our way back home.

                _______________
I got to ask my questions the next day when the sun was setting as we gazed at it."Roger said, you used to keep to yourself in academy except for few friends. Why? " I pose as my question number fourteen.