Chapter Twenty-Nine

6:00pm: I was in my hotel room with, like, 50 maids fussing over me. Okay, not that many, only 5 but still. They're moving around so fast there might as well be 50 ladies in here. They brought out a dress protected inside a clear plastic bag from their bag that also holds hair utensils and from what I can see, even with the bag in the way, that's it's sea green and in two pieces. The ladies decided to keep my hair down but re-curl it some. Once I put the two-piece gown on I felt amazing. The top half had a bra-like thing covered by floral printed lace with the same fabric encircling the waistband of my skirt. They put a thick diamond bracelet on my wrist and matching dangling earrings while placing silver sandals on my feet. The shoes felt so light that it felt like I was walking barefooted, but I didn't mind. And it really did take almost an hour for me to get ready. The longest I've ever taken. The maids swept me into the lobby and out the door into the limo. The chauffeur quickly complimented me on my attire before closing the door and slipping into the driver's seat.
"You excited?" the chauffeur asked.
I nodded. "Very."
He chuckled. "I'm guessing this is your first time."
"In person, yeah, I've always seen it on TV."
7:00pm: I made it to the Smoothie King Center with a minute to spare, just in time for the "red carpet" pre-show. I fluffed my hair up some and was escorted inside. There was a stage with a podium and the Hall of Fame logo behind it and red velvet seats stretching out as far as the eye can see. Above it all are the fans that have already filled up a majority of the stands. There's a red carpet I walk along to take pictures and answer some questions and again they're about my first WrestleMania, The Authority, and Dean. After I'm done taking pictures I weave my way through clumps of people that are huddled together, talking. I don't see Brie, Nikki or Dean anywhere. Suddenly, I feel lost. Someone tapped my shoulder and I turn around, a big grin on my face. Dean's sporting a navy blue suit, a blue tie in a lighter color and brown dress shoes. He looks good.
"Hi," I said timidly.
"Hey," he replied as he examined me. "You look absolutely beautiful."
"Thanks," I said evenly, trying not to blush. That's when Jackson came up from behind his younger brother. He wore a simple black suit and matching shoes but his tie was as red as Eva Marie's hair.
"Hey, Jackson," I greeted.
"If you aren't the most gorgeous woman here, I don't know who is," he complimented.
"Thanks," I repeated. "So have you gone on the 'red carpet' yet?" I asked Dean.
"Yeah, it was alright," he said with a shrug.
"Just alright," Jackson questioned. "It was awesome. Even I got to go on. I felt so important." I giggled. "I found our seats, though," he said. "We're all sitting together. Isn't that cool?"
I nodded. I glanced at Dean and saw that he was staring at me with a smirk on his face. I quickly turned away. Now that I was looking at Dean in a different light, I felt shy around him as if I was a freshman in high school getting attention from a senior.
"Are you guys dating yet?" Jackson asked out of nowhere.
Dean and I looked at him in confusion. "No," I said. "Why?"
"Really?" Jackson questioned exasperated. "Well that didn't work."
"What didn't work?" Dean asked his brother.
"I've been trying to make you jealous so that you'll finally ask her out," Jackson explained. "That's why I told you that Chelsea and I were texting while you were asleep the other day. I knew it'd make you upset and I bet Dylan $20 that'd you guys would be dating by WrestleMania Saturday, today."
"What?" Dean asked.
"Really?" I questioned at the same time.
Dean and I looked at each other and once again, I glanced away first.
"Oh come on, you guys like each other. You know you do. Why don't you guys just lock lips and get the tension over with?"
"It's not that simple," I told Jackson.
"Why isn't it?" Dean asked making me raise one of my eyebrows.
Jackson smirked and excused himself before strolling over to Roman and Seth who just got finished with the carpet.
"Why isn't it that simple?" Dean repeated.
"Well, uh," I stumbled. "B-because it's just....."
"A part of you is afraid," he stated. "You just don't want to admit."
"I don't admit it because it's not true. What do I have to be afraid of?"
"You tell me," he said.
"Nothing."
"Then why don't we start right now?"
"Because now's not a great time."
Dean sighed. "Chelsea, I really like you, I do, but I can't wait around for you forever. I really need to know that there's a possible future for us, and I need to know soon." He walked off to talk to his friends and brother, leaving me alone.
"You will....soon."
To kill the rest of the time before the actually start of the show, Brie, Nikki, and I piled into the photo booth to take our own pictures. We made funny faces, sexy faces, mysterious ones and one where we just smiled because we were happy to be here together. Afterwards, they rushed over to John and Daniel asking if I wanted to come with but I didn't want to be the fifth wheel. Everywhere I went, it seemed as if Dean's eyes were watching my every move.
8:00pm: All of us were in our designated seats by the time 8:00 rolled around. I was so giddy and excited about seeing the 2014 inductees but I still couldn't help but glance at Dean every so often. I knew he was looking at me too by the smirk he gave me every time I caught him side glancing.
The Ultimate Warrior, loved him, Lita, loved her, Paul Bearer, creeped me out, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, hated his snake, Razor Ramon, love him, Carlos Colon, didn't really know him, and Mr. T, loved him, were all inducted into the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame. I loved Mr. T's speech about his mom. His mom can definitely look back on it on Mother's Day. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, we had funny moments, emotional moments, and recalls and it was so much better being there in person.
11:15pm: Stephanie and Hunter payed for Emeril's to be open past hours for the Hall of Fame Dinner. They put a few tables together so that the inductees can all sit at one and then the rest of us sat in groups of four, five and sometimes six. Nikki and Brie sat with John and Daniel which left me alone. That was until Dean grabbed my wrist and insisted on me eating with him and the guys. And so I did. The dinner was awesome and the food was delicious. It lasted way past 12:15 but eventually we shut the operation down because some superstars and divas still had WrestleMania to prepare for.