Chapter Forty-Three

"The winner of this match, the WWE Divas Champion, Chelsea Renee!" The ref raised my hand in victory and gave me my belt. I looked down at Rosa Mendes-not my choice-and stepped over her.
"You don't look so happy about your win," Dean commented when he met me at the guerrilla.
"I am," I said half heatedly. Somewhat, I finished in my head.
Since I forced Stephanie to give me a match, she countered by giving me an easy opponent to make sure the match was quick like I promised.
"You sure?" Dean asked. "You seem a little preoccupied."
I shook my head. "I'm fine," I lied. Throughout the match, I had been thinking about my conversation with Bray. Who wanted me to disappear? The only hint I had, was that it was someone I wouldn't expect.
I looked over at Dean involuntarily. Could he be behind this? He caught me staring and smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist. I disregarded the thought.

"Did I do something?" Dean asked a little while later.
The last match of the show was coming to an end and the guys and I were packing our stuff.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, not looking up at him.
"You haven't spoken to me at all these past two hours," he explained. "I feel like I did something wrong."
I straightened up and saw that Seth and Roman were staring at me. Seth raised one of his eyebrows. I sighed.
"Dean, stop, okay?" I whispered. "I don't wanna talk about it right now."
"No," Dean replies firmly. "Now's a good time to talk." I pursed my lips at him. "Can you guys give us a minute?"
Seth and Roman nodded in understanding and stepped out into the hall.
Dean folded his arms over his chest.
I laughed. "You can't make me talk,"
I told him.
He didn't say anything; just continued to stare at me. I huffed and bent down to zip up my duffel. I picked it up and slung the strap across my shoulder. I went over to open the door, but it shut again, almost catching my hand in the process.
"You're not going anywhere until we figure this out," Dean growled lowly.
I spun around to face him, dropping my bag. "Talk."
I shook my head, weaving around him to plop down on the couch. "You're not gonna believe me," I told him. "You're gonna think I'm crazy."
"From what you've told me so far," Dean began, "what you say can't get any crazier."
I took a deep breath as he sat on the armrest.
"Someone wants to take me out," I confessed.
Dean frowned. "Like, on a date?" he asked. "You said no, right?"
"Not that 'take me out'," I snapped. "Someone wants to make me disappear and they're paying Bray and his little goons to do it."
Dean folded his arms across his chest. "You remember when I said what you say can't get any crazier? Yeah, I was lying," he questioned skeptically.
I rolled my eyes at him. "At first I thought it was Lesnar and Heyman because we've had a few run ins, but Bray said that they weren't the people. Someone else that I'm not expecting, I just can't think of who."
"Chelsea, I think you're a little tired," Dean said to me as if I was a kindergartner. "I'll take you to the hotel right now so you can get some sleep."
"See!" I shouted, rising to my feet. "I knew you wouldn't believe me!"
"It just doesn't add up," Dean insisted. "Who would want to see that happen to you. You've made a couple of enemies, but your rivalries with them aren't even that serious."
I shook my head in frustration. "I don't understand why you're not on my side on this. My well being is in danger and you don't even care."
"I do care about you and your well being," Dean argued. "It's just that it doesn't make sense, that's all."
"Whatever," I grumbled. I snatched my duffel bag from the floor and yanked the locker room door open. Seth and Roman tumbled inside. I stepped over them. "Last time I come to you for anything," I told Dean before going out in the parking lot. I whipped out my phone to call a cab.

"Are you still going to the wedding with me?" Dean asked once he got settled down in the hotel room.
"No," I answered. "But I'll ride up there with you."
Dean sighed and crumpled onto the bed. "Oh come on, Chels," Dean whined. "You can't get mad at me because I expressed my opinion."
"Oh yeah?" I questioned, lifting my suitcase onto the bed, zipping it up. "Watch me."

An hour had passed and we had another to go before we hit Cincinnati. Time was ticking away to midnight and Dean was softly snoring beside me. I had the window seat to keep me occupied because I didn't want to go to sleep. Not with the thought of disappearing looming over my head. I just couldn't believe Dean refused to believe me. I looked over at him. I just wanted to knock him upside the head. I placed my hands under my thighs to restrain myself.