Chapter Nine

I tuned in in the middle of the match where AJ had Cameron down on the ground in a chokehold.
"Come on, Cameron!" Naomi encouraged as the Bella Twins, Nikki and Brie-who decided to come out for the match and get AJ up close and personal look at the competition-were discussing tattoos with JBL. Apparently they had a couple, including AJ who thought it wise to tattoo the date she first won the Divas Championship on her neck.
Cameron slowly made it to her feet, pulling AJ up with her and punched her countless times in the gut. AJ stopped her with a hard tug at her hair, flinging the dyed blond diva to her back. She grabbed Cameron by the hair and tagged Tamina in. Tamina did a swift kick to Cameron's stomach before scooping her up into a body slam.
1
2
Cameron kicked out of Tamina's pin attempt. Tamina, showing no sign of frustration, propped Cameron upon her shoulders, probably getting ready for a Samoan drop when Cameron slipped down her back and tried to roll Tamina up into a pin. Before the action blew up in her face, Cameron popped up and drop kicked her opponent in the gut. Each competitor tagged in their respective partners and even with an eye patch on, Naomi charged into the ring and took AJS out with multiple drop kicks. She knocked Tamina off the apron before locking AJ in a full Nelson and dropping her on her butt. The match was hitting a high point so I took that as my cue to make my way over to the guerrilla. Tamina broke up Naomi's pin which made Cameron run in, but she got herself thrown out of the ring. When Tamina spun around she was met with an enziguri and rolled out of the ring. AJ ran at Naomi when she turned around and they fought for dominance before AJ locked Naomi in a backward chokehold. I pointed at the music crew director and my theme blasted. I walked out onto the stage as AJ released Naomi and glared up at me. I have her a smirk and a wave before motioning for her to turn around and focus. Naomi body slammed her in front of one of the turnbuckles and gave the fans a smile. She grabbed hold of ropes and hopped up, delivering a perfect split-legged moonsault for the pin.
1
2
3!
"The winners of this match, The Funkadactyls!" Justin Roberts announced.
The Bellas and I clapped, impressed as Cameron ran in and gave her best friend a hug. When The Funkadactyls left and Tamina recollected herself, sliding into the ring to provide AJ with her aid, I leaned up against the barricade. I couldn't really make out the conversation, but AJ was obviously furious by the outcome of the match and blamed Tamina for her fall. I watched the whole encounter in amusement. Tamina's face was eerily calm as she shoved AJ onto the ground. The crowd went wild as the two girls stared each other down. Running her fingers through her hair, Tamina took her leave, not even acknowledging me as she passed. AJ locked eyes with me and took a moment to give me the most menacing an deadliest state in the world. She quickly got up and ordered the ring side director to hand her two microphones. She walked over to the side of the ring I was at and chucked one of the mics in my direction. It bounced off my shoulder ad clattered to the floor, but I barely felt the supposed blow.
"Get in here now!" AJ shriek.
"Yes ma'am," I replied in mock fright after I picked the mic up from the ground. I tossed it onto the apron and climbed in. "What's the matter, AJ?" I said innocently.
"Who do you think you are?" she questioned. "Who gave you the right to tamper with my match?"
I smirked. "You don't know?" I asked. "You know these people very well, I mean without them, where will you get your paychecks?"
Realization dawned on her. "The Authority?" she asked. "You're in good with The Authority?" She laughed. "Wow, Chelsea. And these people say I'm the sellout."
"Well that's because you are," I stated simply. "Always have been, always will be. But let's just get something straight: there is no way I'll stoop down to your behavior and attitude. I want to be successful, but I'm gonna leave the crazy chick persona to the person who does it best....." I trailed off to give her her spotlight for a second making her even more agitated and flustered. "The fans might not understand it now, but in due time...they'll realize that this was the best choice anyone could ever make."
I dropped the microphone and sauntered out of the ring, up the ramp.
When I broke through the curtains, Stephanie and Hunter were standing their side by side clearly impressed.
Hunter came over to me and clamped a hand down on my shoulder. "She's a keeper," he stated proudly before removing his hand and engulfing his wife's in his.
"Don't disappoint us, Ms. Renee," Stephanie called over her shoulder before her and her husband disappeared out of the area.

"Nice," was the first thing Dean said to me once he opened up his locker room door and let me in.
I smiled, bobbing a little curtsy. "Why, thank you," I replied before plopped down onto the couch beside Roman. The next match-an 8-man tag team featuring Big E, Dolph Ziggler, Mark Henry and the Big Show on one team and Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Curtis Axel, and Ryback, also known as Rybaxel, on the other-was beginning. Sean's phone started ringing. He quickly glanced at it before hitting the silence button.
"Aren't you gonna get that?" I asked, snuggling into his side a little. It was getting a little colder back here.
"Nope," he said, shaking his head. "Nobody important."
I shrugged before going back to the TV.

After sitting through two matches where Big E and his partners beat Alberto and his, then watching Bray Wyatt literally decimate Kofi Kingston, it was time for Daniel Bryan's and Triple H's summit.
I yawn and snuggled into Dean even more. Maybe I'll take a quick nap before Daniel shows me around town. The summit wasn't even that interesting at first. It was just Hunter dishing out the same mess as always, but what really drew me awake was when some random security guard surrounded Daniel and attacked him.
"What the...." I trailed off, shooting up, but Hunter got them to stop and started to attack Daniel himself. "You have got to be kidding me!"
Hunter's beatdown was vicious and because Stephanie was out there, she got her licks in too. Triple H topped it off with a Pedigree right in the middle of the ring. I ran out of the room as the paramedics strapped Daniel onto the stretcher. I walked out into the back area where the parking lot was and saw the parked ambulance. I stood there in the cold and waited for the Daniel to appear. When he did, Brie was at his side and he was mumbling something under his breath. When he was close enough, I could've sworn he said, "Chelsea."
"Daniel?" I said gently, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Chelsea?" he croaked. "I'm glad you're hear. T-tell these guys to let me go. I promised you a tour, remember?"
I sighed. "Maybe some other time," I said.
"What?" he questioned, trying to sit up, but the straps were restraining him. "But-"
"Daniel, do you not see yourself?" I asked. "You're hurt, there's always a next time, okay?"
He sighed in resignation before mumbling a terse, "Fine," as the paramedics led him away wit Brie right on their tails.
"Hey." I turned around and the guys were emerging through the door with duffel bags, one of them being mine. "You want a ride, right?" Dean asked.
I watched the ambulance scream down the street before turning back to the guys. "Sure."