Chapter Seven

My weekend was not a good one. I was practically dying of boredom. I didn't have any friends to hang out with and the guys were off doing stuff like working out at the gym, clubbing, and just being dudes. The only highlight from my two days of nothingness was staying up till early in the morning texting Dean. I'm surprised he was able to stay awake. Now it's Monday and I'm ready to get this party started. Just like I predicted Friday my throat did go back to its original color too. After setting my duffel bag in the Divas locker room, I went to The Shield's. We had three hours until the start of the show so I had plenty of time.

As I was walking down the hall, I felt someone burning a hole in the side of my face. I turned and saw Randy staring at me as he leaned up against the wall.
"Can I help you, Mr. Orton?" I asked, an edge to my tone. I really didn't want to deal with him right now.
"I just want you to know that I know what you're planning," he replied and I shook my head, pretending not to get what he meant. "You may have everyone else here fooled, but not me. I know you, Chelsea, and I know what you're capable of. This is not the Indies, you're in the big leagues now and you're gonna have to work a lot harder. All I know is that you will never have my championships, but you're more than welcomed to stare. You're a girl so stay in that pathetic little Divas Division. Just remember that I am the face of the WWE and this is my house."
I scoffed, not attempting to suppress the laugh that escaped me. "Are you scared of me?" I teased, strolling over to him; he quickly stepped back making me smirk. "Are you scared that I'll easily have that," I pointed to the titles on his shoulders, "around my waist and destroy whatever pride and dignity you have left?" I laughed. "You're pathetic Randy. That belt will soon be mine and there is nothing that you can do about it. You can tell people what I'm doing until the cows come home, but they'll never believe you." I stared longingly at the belts for few moments, smiling widely. "I look forward to being in The Authority with you." I grinned up at him and continued my journey down the hall. I stopped after a few steps and turned around. "Oh, Randy!" I called out and he turned around. "No matter how good you are, there's always someone out there that's better."

When I walked into they guys' locker room a few minutes later, I plopped down in between Dean and Seth on the couch.
"I see your neck's not a gross color anymore," was the first thing that Seth said to me.
No hey, no how ya doing, no how was your weekend or anything. "I'm doing fine thanks for asking," I sarcastically replied with an eye roll before flashing Dean a grin.
He was leaning in the crevice between the arm rest and back cushion, his left arm resting on the back of the couch.
"Don't talk to me," he grunted and I was taken back. What did I do in a couple of hours to make him have such an attitude?
"What's your problem?" I asked, all of my amusement and humor draining.
"Someone's mad, because they got shipped with a certain Divas champion," Seth said, sending a smirk over my head to Dean, but his look crushed it.
"Psycho Divas champion," Dean corrected.
"What?" I asked, totally confused.
What did they mean by "ship"?Dean sighed, taking out his phone and going onto Twitter, handing the device to me. I read the latest post that was sent out only half an hour ago. At the top it was a picture of AJ and Dean backstage at Main Event. AJ's desperately bright smile popped from the screen while Dean returned the gesture with a tight and forced on smile that was far from even meeting the bags under his eyes much less his bluish-gray pupils. It was the type of smile you gave someone when you get annoyed by them, but don't utter a word about it for fear of hurting the other's feelings. Dean seemed like the type of person to tell you off if he didn't like you. His feelings for AJ-or lack thereof-were clear on his face every time they were near each other and the fact that he put up with her for those few minutes before I came to his rescue surprised me. I read the comment that went with the image:
Wednesday night during Main Event, WWE Divas champion AJ Lee and United States champion Dean Ambrose get friendly backstage, but maybe a little too friendly. Is this the start of a new power couple in Team DJ?
My jaw dropped as I finished the post and I was a little frightened to see Dean's expression. Even though he had already read it before, I could feel his breath on the side of my neck as he read it for the umpteenth time in the past 30 minutes.
"DJ?" I questioned, looking between Seth and Dean for an answer.
"That's what ship means in this situation," Seth started to explain. "You take two names and combine them to make another name. If you combine AJ and Dean you get DJ."
"Huh," I stated, nodding my head. You learn something new everyday. "A fan sent this?" I asked, giving Dean his phone back.
"Yeah," he answered. "Unless you know someone backstage whose Twitter username is @WWEViper4EverChamp."
I shook my head. "It doesn't make sense," I muttered more to myself, but the guys heard.
"What doesn't make sense?" Roman asked making me jump out of my skin.
I was forgot he was in the room, too.
"This picture," I replied, shaking out the left over jitters that lingered from his scare. "Unless WWE still gives out backstage passes. No fan could've taken this picture without backstage access."
"So you're saying there's no way a fan could've taken this?" Seth asked and I shook my head.
"Not unless someone snuck pass security."
Silence engulfed us like a strong bubble that you couldn't quite break first try, but it's not like we tried to. We were in our own little worlds, trying to put together the puzzle pieces even though a huge chunk of it was missing. Knowing I wasn't going to make the missing pieces appear out of thin air, I decided to put it on the back burner for right now. I patted Dean's knee before using it to push up off the couch.
"Well I have to go. I'm not sure if I have a match tonight, but even so tonight's when I officially join The Authority." That's when I let out a whine. "I hope they don't make me wear a dress."
I stomped out with the guys chuckles clutching onto me by the ears. They followed me halfway down the hall before they gave up and disappeared into the heavens.