Chapter Five

After a few moments The Shield's theme filled the arena.
"Oh, yeah," Cole said. "So no harm, no foul? You truly believe that it was Vickie Guerrero who set this matchup tonight and that Triple H had no influence at all on this match making?"
I screamed to the top of my lungs as Seth came down the stairs followed by Dean and Roman. Damien paced the ring as he waited for the three men to jump the barricade.
"Damien Sandow is in action against one of the members of the The Shield," Cole announced. "Who will it be?"
"You like The Shield?" Natalya asked me as the show went to commercial break.
"Yeah," I answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Why? Is there a problem?"
"No, no problem it's just that..." she trailed off for a moment. "They're the bad guys."
"And that's supposed to keep me from liking them?" I asked and she just shrugged not wanting to get further into the discussion.
Our silence was broken when the show came back on. The match had already begun and Seth was dominating Damien at the moment.
"We're back on Friday Night SmackDown. Seth Rollins is the member of The Shield who takes on Damien Sandow here," Cole informed.
Both Roman and Dean were smirking as Damien stumbled to his feet. Seth punched him in the head a few times before Irish whipping him from the ropes into the opposite side. Damien gripped onto the ropes to keep him from bouncing off. Seth charged at Damien and got met with an elbow to the face.
"Come on Seth," I muttered, receiving a sideways glance from Natalya. "Can I help you?" I snapped and she went back to the TV without a response.
Seth charged at Damien again and was tossed out of the ring, but luckily Seth landed on the apron. Damien swung and Seth ducked but he got his legs kicked out from under him making him fall at Roman and Dean's feet.

A couple minutes passed and Seth had managed to dominate Damien once again. Seth got out of the ring and stood on the apron, waiting for Damien to get up. He was about to do a springboard knee dive when Damien slipped out of the ring. Damien tried to leave but Roman blocked his way. He tried the other direction, but Dean met him with a smirk and Damien was completely oblivious to the ref's count. While Dean and Roman were closing in on him, Seth bounced off the ropes and did a suicide dive, pushing Damien into the barricade. Seth gave Dean and Roman a high five before grabbing Damien and pushing him back into the ring. As Damien got to his feet, Seth bounced off the ropes and did the Curve Stomp.

1

2

3!

"See that was a great matchup," JBL stated. "I applaud Vickie Guerrero."
"Here is your winner, Seth Rollins!" Justin announced.
"And I'm sure that you applaud Triple H's very immature response when he came out here and mocked the WWE fans who have supported Daniel Bryan," Cole said.
The ref raised Seth's hand as the other two looked down at Damien. Roman eventually broke his gaze and patted Seth on the back, Dean doing the same seconds later. Seth put his fist out and Roman followed suit. Dean was about to, but pulled away.
"What's the problem?" Seth asked.
Dean looked back at Damien and gestured for the other two to follow as he slipped out the ring. He grabbed Damien and rolled him back inside. They started mugging him.
"I'm outta here," Natalya muttered, getting up. "Oh come on!" I exclaimed as she walked out. "You're gonna miss the best part by the way!"
"We haven't seen The Shield do this in a long time, John," Cole said.
Dean gripped onto Damien's hair and pulled him to his feet. They slung his arms across him and Seth's shoulders as Roman did his signature roar. They placed Damien's legs on Roman's shoulders and did the Triple Power Bomb. They stood over him and put their fist together as their theme came back on. Dean nodded his head to the beat making me laugh. He was crazy, but there was a method to his madness; there always was. They showed the main event match card, Corporate Kane vs Big Show and I couldn't wait to see it. I wonder what they guys' so called "game plan" was. It should be interesting. I got off the couch and went to the guerrilla to meet the guys. They came backstage high fiving and laughing.
"I told you, you were gonna win," I told Seth and he smirked.
"You didn't tell me anything, I already knew." I raised one of my eyebrows at him.
"Cocky much?" I asked.

We watched the rest of the show in their locker room and before I knew it, it was time for them to head to Kane's office. My match would be right before Kane's and I had to make it memorable.
"Good luck!" I called out before they closed the door behind themselves.

"Did you see Sandow's head?" Seth asked Roman once they made it to Kane's office.
"What exactly do you need us in here for then?" Dean asked Kane. "Has there been a lot going on?"
"Well, I'm just glad that you took my advice for naught, I mean, I hate to say that I told you so but congratulations Roman and Seth on your victory over the Rhodes Brothers Monday on Raw. And congratulations Dean," Kane said, placing his hand on Dean's shoulder, "on your successful defense of the United States title against Mark Henry Tuesday on Main Event."
Dean shrugged his hand off and nodded. "Oh okay," he replied. "Thank you. Did you expect anything different? And why are you even worried about us right now? Shouldn't you be focused on your match tonight against the Big Show? You know, seven-foot, 500 pounds, knocked you out last week."
"You know, you still have a lot to learn about this business," Kane stated. "But I'm going to teach by example. I'm gonna destroy the Big Show and I'm ordering the three of you to be at ringside, so that you can get a close up look to see how to properly handle a situation. Who knows, I might even leave some scraps of the Big Show for you."
Seth scoffed. "Oh, so that's why you want us out there, to pick up the scraps?" he asked, chuckling. "Nice try, Kane. We know why you want us out there, to protect you when the Big Show tries to knock you out again, because he's gonna."
"Really?" Kane asked and Roman stepped up to him.
"You just don't get it do you, Kane?" he questioned. "We don't take orders from you, but we are looking forward to how you handle the situation with the Big Show."
Seth pulled him back to his original spot next to him. "Look, take it easy," Seth warned. "Kane, don't worry. You saw what happened out there with Danien Sandow. When it comes down to it, push comes to shove, The Shield always does what's best for business."
"Believe that," Roman stated.
They walked out just as I walked in. "Hey, Kane, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked.
"Of course, Chelsea," Kane replied. "Look, I was thinking that maybe you could do me an itsy bitsy teensy weensy yellow polka doppa keeny favor," I wondered.
"And what would that favor be?" Kane questioned.
"Well as you know my match against Tamina is next and I would like to change the stipulation," I answered making him raise his eyebrows in interest. "Do you think you could make this match no disqualification?" Kane frowned, but it totally betrayed the emotion in his eyes. "I mean let's be real, Kane. I was hired because I brought something to the table. Well, I'm trying to bring that something, the only question is: will you allow it? I mean you know and I know that this match is what's best for business. What has happened to the Divas Division today? I want to show the WWE Universe that the Divas are not just pretty faces and sexy bodies even though those are two important factors. I want them to know that we put just as much work ethic; put our bodies on the line just as much as the guys. There is nothing about Diva matches that scream excitement. You don't see girls jumping off of ladders and beating each other with kendo sticks. I want to save this division and make sure that each and every Diva here gets their pretty manicured hands dirty, starting with Tamina."
Kane looked impressed. "Well, Chelsea," Kane began, "if a no disqualification match is what you want, then a no disqualification match is what you'll get."
I smiled and gently punched his arm. "I like you, Kane," I said. "We're gonna get along just fine."
I dusted off his crisp suit jacket and straightened his already perfectly aligned tie. I nodded my head goodbye, walking out.