Chapter Ten

The next day, I woke up at around 8:00, trying to rub as much sleep out of my eyes as possible. Dean and I's texting stopped at around 1 in the morning which ended with him asking me out for coffee-but it not actually being a date-at noon and me replying with a yes. I snatched the covers off of me and did my daily morning routine before dressing in a slightly baggy sweatshirt that said Ohio State Buckeyes in red lettering, a pair of jeans and my Uggs. I piled my hair on top of my head in a messy bun and grabbed my phone, stuffing it in the front pocket of my sweatshirt before heading downstairs.
"Hey, Chelsea is it?"
I snapped my head in the direction of the voice and saw a pair of twins in matching red sweaters, jeans, and black flats, but one's hair was straight while the other's was curled, The Bella Twins. They walked up to me.
"Yeah, I'm Chelsea," I stated.
Nikki put her hand out. "I'm Nicole."
I shook Brie's hand next. "I'm Brianna."
"Got any plans for our day off?" Nikki asked casually as if we've known each other forever. She tried to use her finger to curl a strand of her hair that went straight.
I shrugged. "Just hanging out with a friend this afternoon, nothing big," I replied simply.
"By friend, do you mean Dean?" she asked, bouncing her eyebrows. I frowned, caught off guard for a split second.
"Yeah," I confirmed. "Why do you say it like that?"
Nikki scoffed. "Oh, don't act like you guys aren't an item."
I knitted my eyebrows together. "I'm not acting. Dean and I are just friends."
"Sure," Nikki drew out the word. "You guys are so a thing. When we went to the bar with him and the guys last night he was just working his fingers away on that phone. He likes you and deep down, you feel the same way."
I couldn't help, but laugh. "Alright, if it helps you sleep at night."
"I'm serious," she insisted.
"Of course you are," I said.
She rolled her eyes. "So where are you guys going today?" She raised her eyebrows at me and I sighed.
"We're going for coffee at noon," I answered.
"Good, we have time."
"Nicole," Brie said warningly.
"Time for what?" I asked at the same time.
"Leave the girl alone," Brie said. "It's her day off, let her relax."
"There's plenty time for relaxing afterwards," Nikki assured before clamping a hand down on my wrist.
I didn't know what was going on. "But..." I trailed off for a second. "I just came down to get some breakfast."

Nikki stuffed me into her Range Rover and we were off to who knew where. I couldn't really see because the windows were tinted, even from the inside, but eventually I knew she was parking into a slot and even through the blackened windows I could see we were at a mall. I groaned.
"Oh, come Chels," Nikki encouraged, "don't be such a downer. This will be fun."
Brie was shaking her head in the passenger's seat, looking just as skeptical as I felt. "Nicole...."
"Ah, ah, ah," Nikki cut her off, waving a finger in her sister's face. "I don't want to hear any negative lip from you either."
We hustled out of the car and stood before North Star Mall. Nikki was shaking-either from excitement or the fact that she left her jacket in the car-with a big grin on her face.
"Come on." Nikki grabbed my hand. "We only have like 4 hours."
Only.
We-mostly Nikki-strolled around the mall, looking carefully at the clothes in the windows.
"What is wrong with your sister?" I asked Brie as Nikki practically drooled over a pair of shoes through the window. Brie shrugged as she shook her head.
"No idea," she replied. "I think I should have her checked out."
I laughed and soon she was joining in which made Nikki look back at us in confusion with her eyes narrowed. We quickly clamped our mouths shut as she beckoned us into the store where she was eyeing the shoes. She found the same pair on a rack and practically ripped off the lid before presenting them to me. They were tan high heels with a little bow at the front of the ankle strap. They were cute just not something I would wear.
"Those would look nice on you," I commented making her suck her teeth.
"They're not for me," she said. "They're for you."
"For me?" I questioned, jamming a thumb into my chest. I shook my head. "No thanks, heels aren't really my thing."
"Oh come on," Nikki insisted. "You have the legs for them. Plus, Dean would love you in these."
I gave her the Really? look. "You're seriously hanging onto that theory?" I asked.
"Sure am." She placed the pair of shoes at my feet. I glance over at Brie, but all she did was give me a sympathetic look. I rolled my eyes before sitting down on a nearby stool and removing my comfy Uggs and socks in place for the heels. They were pretty easy to slip on, but I wobbled a little as I stood. Brie held onto my upper arm to provide support.
"How do they feel?"
"Uncomfortable," I stated. "How is anyone supposed to walk in these?"
"It's simple actually," Nikki said. "When's the last time you wore heels?"
"About seven years ago, Prom," I answered and she gasped, placing a hand where her heart was.
"Oh, you poor thing," she simpered, giving me a pat on the head. "Try to walk in them." I slowly and carefully made my way around the shelf where the shoes were, looking at my feet the entire time. My left ankle wobbled on a few steps, but other than that, I did pretty well. "That's pretty good," Nikki said when I stopped at the spot I started from. "I'll buy them for you-"
"You don't have to do that," I quickly assured.
Ignoring my protest, she started again, "I'll buy them for you and you can walk around the mall in them for practice."
"Nicole, you're gonna kill this girl," Brie said, but Nikki waved her away.
"She'll be fine, now let's go."