Chapter Eight

"What do you want?"
"I just wanna know where you ran off to," Dean said on the other end of the phone.
After I heard what Kane had to say to the guys three hours ago, I had marched into the parking lot and sat on the curb, trying to come up with the idea of how I was gonna stop the guys from hurting Jerry. I didn't have to hear what Kane wanted the guys to do to Jerry in order for me to know that he was gonna get hurt in the end, but I was too blinded by anger to properly think of something. After the three hours had passed and I heard the explosions coming from the arena to signal the start of the show, Roman called me to ask if I was gonna watch the show with them until it was time for us to be out there. Giving Roman a nasty no, Dean snatched the phone from him and demanded to know where I had gone. Apparently he had been looking all over the backstage area for me.
"Why do you care, Mr. Attitude?" I asked making him sigh.
"I wanted us to talk," he replied.
"Well I have nothing to say to you," I stated and hung up on him.
I sighed and looked out into the blue-black night. The stars had decided to come out and I used me finger to creat connect-the-dots pictures out of them.
"Bored?" someone asked from behind me.
I turned and saw Daniel looking around the parking lot, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his windbreaker. He turned to me and smiled.
"A little," I answered.
"Something on your mind?" he questioned as he came to sit beside me. He gazed at the stars too. I shrugged. "Not in the mood to talk about it?" I nodded. "That's okay," he said. "Silence is golden anyways." I smiled and looked down at the ground, watching a small lizard race by. "San Antonio is really pretty at night," Daniel stated. "Wanna go explore?" I looked at him sideways. "Oh come on, it'll be fun."
"We're busy tonight," I reminded him. "You have your match with Randy and I'm cutting an Authority promo tonight."
"You're joining The Authority tonight?" he asked shocked.
I smirked. "Are you gonna start bad mouthing me now?"
"Not if I don't have to," he answered. "You're a pretty cool girl." I smiled. "But speaking of Randy, him and Batista are having a 'Who can be the loudest' competition in there," he said, pointing to the arena with his thumb.
I chuckled. "I bet. They can't be happy about the situation between you and Hunter. Nice job by the way."
"Thanks," he replied, grinning. "But seriously. You need to let me show you around town."
I stuck my bottom lip out a little, considering. "I'll take you up on that offer," I said. "But you need to treat me to dinner first."
"You got it," he stated. "And I know just the place."

We were making our way down N PanAm Expressway when I decided to break the silence.
"What's the point of asking for this stipulation with your match against Hunter at WrestleMania?" I asked.
Daniel frowned. "What do you mean?"
"I mean if you beat Hunter and then later on beat Randy and Batista, how do you know The Authority isn't gonna take the championship away from you?"
"It's not so much as winning the title that I'm really going for," Daniel clarified. "I'm trying to prove myself to Stephanie, Hunter and the rest of The Authority. You've seen them bad mouth me about how I'm not the ideal face of the company. How I'm not the ideal weight or how I'm not the ideal height. I'm trying to prove that it is possible for me to succeed."
I nodded in understanding, he did have a point. My phone beeped and I looked down. The WWE app was notifying me of what was going on at the arena:
Triple H adds himself as the third participant in the WrestleMania WWE World Heavyweight Championship triple threat match if he succeeds at beating Daniel Bryan.
I smirked.
"What are you smiling about?" Daniel asked as he made a right onto Broadway Street. "Texting your boyfriend?" He nudged me with his shoulder.
"No," I replied, playfully rolling my eyes. "The WWE app said if Triple H beats you at WrestleMania, then he gets to be the third member in the triple threat match."
Daniel scoffed, unimpressed. "Yeah, like that'll happen," he mumbled as he pulled into the parking lot of Jim's Restaurant, a big, corporate looking place whose parking lot was occupied by a decent amount of nice looking cars.
I expected it to look run down and old fashioned, but I wasn't complaining.
"I love coming here whenever I'm in San Antonio," Daniel stated, looking at the restaurant through the windshield. "The foods awesome and it looks great inside."
I nodded, impressed. "Well what are we waiting for?" I asked.
He locked the car as we got out and walked inside. The inside of Jim's Restaurant was just as modernized as it's outside. When you first walked in on right was a black table that held a candy dish filled with peppermints and a copy of Today's Special propped up on a stand. On the left was a podium where the host or hostess was supposed to stand to greet the arriving customers and standing next to it was a "Please wait to be seated," sign. The place was filled with red colored booths, individual lights suspended above every one of them. The walls and ceilings were white and simple. "Hi!"
Daniel and I's heads snapped in the direction of the voice. A short blond came from the back dressed in all black. She had smoky gray eyes and diamond stud earrings pierced her earlobes.
"Hi," Daniel replied as the lady grabbed two adult menus from behind the podium and led us to a booth.
She placed a menu on each side of the table before we sat down.
"Can I start you off with drinks?" she asked, taking out a pen and notepad from the pocket of her apron.
"Two coffees," Daniel answered before the lady walked off. "So, do you actually want to join The Authority?" he asked after a few moments.
I picked up a small cup of French Vanilla creamer from the steel wired basket on the side of the table and started playing with it.
"Yeah," I answered.
"Why?"
"Because I know it'll help me in the future," I replied with a slight smirk. "I mean of course I'm not gonna start acting like Stephanie and Hunter and Kane, but-"
"Don't forget about The Shield," Dean pointed out.
I rolled my eyes. "Don't get me started," I warned.
The lady came back with the coffee and the creamer I was messing with got poured into my cup while Daniel kept his black. I scrunched up my face at him before my phone beeped; The Real Americans defeated The Usos. I turned my phone on vibrate just as a text from Dean popped up.
Chelsea whatever-your-middle-name-is Renee, where are you?! I checked around the arena again plus the parking lot and I don't see you anywhere.
I shook my head before replying.
Don't worry about where I am. Focus on being Kane's lapdogs
My phone vibrated immediately.
Excuse me?
Without texting back I laid my phone face down on the spot beside me. I looked up and Daniel was examining the menu. I decided to do the same. I was going to get a salad, something light because for some reason the appetite I had before I came here disappeared, but I didn't want to be rude.
"How does Brie think about this?" I asked, trying to start up a conversation as I contemplated on what kind of salad I would get.
Daniel put his menu down. "About what?"
"You being on the bad side of The Authority. She can't be too happy."
"She isn't," Daniel agreed. "She's always saying, 'Why are you trying to get on their nerves,' 'What's so wrong with doing what they say,' 'Do you have to be so difficult?'" He rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his coffee. "Just last week after Raw she was asking why I had to go and stir up more trouble by occupying Raw."
"That, in my opinion, was awesome," I complimented.
"Why, thank you."
"Are you guys ready to order?" the lady asked, notepad and pen at the ready.