III

During practice today, Kenma got lost as me and Kuroo decided to find him. Looking around, I finally found that pudding head on his phone as usual. "Kenma!" I yelled. "You don't have to yell my name so loud." He said. I ran up to him to see he was playing a game.

"Kuroo and I were looking for you! Why did you run off?" I questioned him. "I just got so busy in a game that I didn't realize I got lost." He said. "Let's get back before Kuroo gets mad." He ignored me and kept playing his game.

I sat on the ground in defeat, placing my arms on his legs. He moved closer for me to see his screen before we heard yelling behind us. We looked at each other before looking back at the screen. "Hey! What's up?" A boy came up to us.

"Um, we're lost." "Lost? Are you both new in Miyagi?" We both nodded before the boy saw Kenma's volleyball shoes in his bag. "You play Volleyball too?!" Again, we nodded. "Shoyo Hinata; what's your guy's name?"

"I'm Katsura Sonia." I introduced myself before Kenma spoke. "Kozume." "Is Kozume your first name?" Hinata asked. He shook his head. "It's Kozume Kenma." That's when I decided to get involved in the conversation. "So, what year are you in?" I asked.

"I'm a first year student! What about you two?" "We're both second years." Me and Kenma spoke, looking at each other before looking back at the first year. "SECOND YEARS?! I'M SO SORRY; I'M SO SHAMEFUL TO SAY THESE THINGS TO MY UPPERCLASSMEN!" He yelled. "No no! It's okay!"

"That upper and underclassmen isn't really my thing. Just because they were born a year or two before us, they think they have full control over us." Kenma said. "Speaking your mind out, huh?" He chuckled before we heard a familiar voice.

"Kenma! Katsura!" Kuroo yelled before we got up. "Later Hinata." Kenma said before walking away. "See you later Shoyo!" I waved to him before joining up with Kenma and Kuroo.

While walking back to the gymnasium, Kenma grabbed my wrist and looked at what was tied around it. "Are you gonna take it off?" He asked. "I don't think so. It's a traditional thing between my dad and I. If you want me to take it off, I will." "Don't actually. If it's from him, don't take it off."

He let go before meeting up with the rest of the team. "Where did you go Kenma?" Yamamoto asked. "Not that far. From you animals." "Okay! Console now. Ain't gonna let that slide." Kuroo said, showing his hand out." Kenma sighed before giving up his console.

— — —

After dinner, I sat in our shared room reading 'After' to soon get a notification on my phone. It was from Kenma.

Kenma:

Is it possible if you can get my console back from Kuroo?

Katsura:

No.

Kenma:

Why?

Katsura:

You need a break from gaming. Why don't you spend some time reading with me?

Kenma:

Reading is not my thing. You're into too much romantic shit.

"Oh the fuck I'm not!" I yelled, turning to Kenma who was opposite of me. "I ain't getting shit for you." I then went back to reading before hearing footsteps towards me. "Fine. What book." Kenma said, laying his head in my lap. I had another book in my bag as I gave it to him.

"The Player Next Door?" He asked. "That sounds lame." "You're reading it or else I ain't getting your console." He sucked his teeth before opening the book. After a few minutes, I heard him yell, "This bitch is so fucking dumb!" I never laughed so hard before. "Kenma! Language!" Kuroo said from the other side of the door.

"Someone a bit mad, huh?" I teased before he covered my mouth playfully with his hand. "I'm just saying- YO THIS FUCKING BITCH NEEDS TO KNOW HER BUSINESS AND WHY THE FUCK IS EVERY GIRL HERE ALWAYS AGAINST HER?!" He yelled again. Laughing again, Kenma looked at me before rolling his eyes. "KENMA! WHAT DID I TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR LANGUAGE?!" Kuroo burst through the door, yelling.

"He's just reading a book. When he finishes the book, he will have his console back." I said with a stern voice. Kenma looked at me before going back to reading.

A couple hours later, Kenma finished reading the book before tapping my shoulder. "Now my console." I sighed before getting up and walking to Kuroo's shared room. When I knocked, Yaku, the Libero of our team, opened it. "Hey Sonia, everything okay?"

"Is Kenma's console with you guys?" "Kuroo has been carrying it around lately. I think he's in the kitchen doing something." I thanked Yaku before going to the kitchen. "TETSURO!" I yelled, making Kuroo jump. "What is it, Katsura?" "Give me Kenma's console. I told him after he finishes reading a book, I'll get his console."

"Did he finish it?" I nodded before he gave me the console. "Also Kuroo," He turned to me before I gave him a hug. "I feel like I haven't been that kind of good cousin to show their love to their cousin." He wrapped his arms around and faked cried, "Katsura! Thank you!" While placing kisses on my cheek. The cousin way of course.

"Alright, that's enough before I take it back." "Where is my console now?" Kenma said, walking into the kitchen. "Kyanma! Please save me from this rooster!" I fake cried as Kuroo hugged me tighter. "I can't breathe, bitch!" I yelled before he let go. I ran up to Kenma before hiding behind him.

"What are you scared of? It's just Kuroo." He said. Kenma sighed before turning around and grabbing the console out of my hand and putting me over his shoulder. "Kenma! What are you doing?!" "Getting you away from Kuroo?" "That's not what I meant!" He ignored me before plotting me onto my side of the room.

He sat down next to me, as he chose a game on his console. "Now what game are you playing?" I asked, out of boredom. "Animal Crossing; you wanna play?" He asked before I grabbed my console out of my bag. Maybe, playing a game with Kenma wasn't that bad but that was until he wanted to play some violent game.

"This time, you can choose. Do you even know any?" Kenma asked. "There's Mortal Kombat but MK9 is one of my classics." "Out of all the other games, you decided to play Mortal Kombat 9? Fine. Let's go to the lounge and set it up." He said before grabbing my hand.

Pulling me into the lounge, we saw Yaku and Kuroo arguing about something while Nobuyuki was laughing. As we sat down, we set up the game and chose our character of choice. Kenma chose Scorpion while I chose Mileena.

It took a couple rounds for Kenma to get a win from me; just 15 rounds. "Hey! What about Kenma?" Yamamoto asked. "I don't really care about it but, I'm a bit excited for the Karasuno practice game."

"Since when THE Kozume Kenma was excited about a game?!" "Shut it Yamamoto! It's too late and no one wants to hear your shit or else you want me to give you some more extra reps!" Kuroo yelled. Yamamoto whined. "No no please!" "You two, get off the game and go to bed. We have the practice game tomorrow." He again said before disconnecting the game.

Kenma and I rolled our eyes before heading to our shared room. Laying down, I grabbed my book again and enjoyed the silence. That was until I felt my eyelids starting to fall; I then knew I was about to fall into a deep slumber.

Word Count: 1303