IX

The day of the photoshoot. How soon. Locking the front door, I heard someone pulling into the driveway. "Why be dressed in a whole damn suit? It's just a photoshoot." Kenma's voice was heard from behind. "Says the one who's in a dress shirt and suit pants." I said back. "Should've known you were gonna say that. Now, in the car." "Do they even know you're picking me up?" "Nope but I was wondering if we could have dinner back at my place after the photoshoot. People said that I need to post more pictures of me on Instagram instead of my cats."

"Yeah, a cat that looks like me." He smiled before driving off. "Oh by the way if you ever try to cut in front of me, don't expect me to run into you!" I said with a stern voice. He looked a bit scared but kept a calm face. "Hello Kozume and Sonia! Glad to do business with you both. My name is Katrina. Please, follow me this way." The lady said before we walked into a room. There was a white screen and huge lights and... people? To be honest, it was my first time. "Would you both like to change?" Before I spoke, Kenma covered my mouth.

"We're fine. We'll take the photos with our suits." I looked at him with stern eyes before he whispered into my ear. "You look beautiful already. Your suit is gorgeous." Flustered... again? Yes! Soon after we were taking pictures so close before Katrina positioned us. It was an awkward yet embarrassing position. Our faces, our eyes, our lips were at least 2 inches apart. Kenma was relaxed but just looking at him, he looked hella fine.

"You okay?" Kenma asked. I nodded before looking at the camera. As they took the photos, Kenma had a suggestion to keep the next pictures private to both me and him. "Just... don't freak the fuck out." He placed his hand on my face and till the point our lips touched, I remembered the first kiss in high school. It was a soft kiss but passionate. They again took the pictures as it was the end of the shoot. "Like the blush on you. It's cute." Kenma added.

— — —

After the photoshoot, Kenma insisted on taking me to his place for dinner. As we pulled into the driveway, a decent modern detached home was visible in my eyes. "I'll cook. Don't worry about doing anything." He unlocked the front doors to see a big foyer; it was decorated nicely with beautiful flowers. "What are these flowers for?" "I was kind of behind schedule and Yamamoto decided to have some wedding here. "Wait, he's married? At 21? How wasn't I invited?" I asked several questions. "I'm joking. I had a few family members come over for a family reunion."

I nodded before we both headed to the kitchen. There were two aprons on the table as I grabbed one and tied it. "I know what you said and I want to help. As being your best friend, I will help you, even cooking." Kenma hesitated before nodding. "I'll prepare the meal, you prepare the dessert." "Apple pie?" "Of course; that's your favorite after all." After all of that confusion, we started preparing dinner.

All the food was finally done, I was about to set the food onto the table until I got a call from Sakumo. "Auntie? Where are you?" "Remember when I told you I had that photoshoot, I finished it and Kenma asked me if I wanted to have dinner at his place." I said, truthfully. "Okay. If you want, you can spend the night there~" What is this boy doing? "It's nothing what you think." "Who's that?" Kenma asked. "It's Sakumo. I'll call you back." I hung up the phone and placed it down.

Placing all the plates and utensils down, we finally sat down to eat. Surprisingly, the apple pie tasted good. "I never knew you cook so well. Where did you learn?" I asked. "My mom taught me. I'm not a good cook myself, you need to taste her cooking." As we talked through dinner, Kenma insisted on me staying the night. He led me to the guest room where there were a lot of clothes lying around.

"But I don't have any change of clothes." I said plainly. "It's okay, I think you wear my size." "That was way back when we were in high school; our first year actually." "My size hasn't changed since then." He then grabbed a t- shirt and sweatpants out from a drawer and handed them to me. "Trust me; now put them on. Take your time." Since when he was such a gentleman? Usually he has this attitude of him kinda being an asshole at times.