VII

It was the middle of the night when I heard my phone ringing. I answered when I heard Kodzuken on the line. "This late? Are you crazy? How long have you been live for?" I asked. "Just ended." I looked at the time to see 2:30 in the morning. "It's 2:30 am! That's when you end your streams? Please, call me in the morning. I have work." "I won't be able to answer the phone. I have a meeting to go to. Has your nephew told you? I want to hire him for an upper position."

"Really? You're asking me that? Would you actually take a 16 year old boy for an upper position? It's his choice and shouldn't be mine." "He has the skills and mind for it. He's smart too. Despite him being a softie, he's strong on the inside." Oh Kenma... "Look, he's asleep right now. Ima send you an address and you better come at 11:30 am. That's my lunch break." I said before hanging up. It's too late for this shit.

— — —

"Good morning Sonia!" My co-worker greeted me. "Good morning Danielle." I waved before sitting at my desk. "Do you lie to everyone and say that you have a part time job?" She asked. "I mean, I can't say that my internship is my part time job, eh?" She laughed before her phone rang. "Well, someone looks tired." My boss, Maria said, placing a coffee cup on my desk. "Thanks for the coffee; and yeah. Was watching a livestream my nephew wanted me to watch."

"Make sure not to stay up too much next time. Can't have you be seen with bags under your eyes." I nodded before turning to my computer. As some time went by, a security guard entered and placed an envelope on my desk, "He told me to give this to you." Then left. The envelope had my name on it as I opened it. I saw at least ¥10,000 with a card inside.

This is for breakfast. And for other needs.

Kodzuken

"Who's the lucky guy?" Danielle asked, poking me. "Oh my cousin Kuroo. It was for Sakumo since the present he delivered came a bit early and he forgot to put money in the gift." I came up with an excuse. As lunch came around, I got my bag and went off to the coffee shop we agreed on meeting up again. There was a black Audi that cut in front of me as I slammed my hand on the horn. He jumped before smirking back in the rear view mirror.

I showed him the finger till I noticed something. His hair was kind of blonde, but at the tips. Was it Kenma? We pulled into the coffee shop and as he stepped out of his vehicle, my jaw dropped. Not actually. Was he going to the gym? He looks so fit! He fixed the sleeves on his dress shirt, undoing a button and grabbed a bag from the back seat. "Hey Katsura? Can I call you that?" "3 fucking years and YOU LOOK AMAZING! I'm happy for what you're doing; and that's definitely okay." He handed me the bag saying, "This is for you." before grabbing my hand.

He dragged me with him into the coffee shop as we took a seat down. "So how is University?" "It's good, it's paying off to be honest. The gift you gave me, I can't take it." I handed him back the envelope as he shook his head. "It's all yours. No need to feel bad. Anyways, Sakumo? How is he?" "He's good, been busy with work and school but we make sure it works out." He nodded before handing me a card. "Give this to Sakumo when you see him. Tell him to give me a call. Ima go live at 7:30 so he can call me anytime before the stream."

I smiled before he offered to pay for the drinks. "As I remember, two cream, one sugar." I giggled. "You remembered." "I mean, you post it on your Instagram stories so I obviously see them." He sees what I post?! Shit I forgot I had him added. As we talked for a bit, I checked my phone for the time to see it was 12:20pm. "Shit! I need to get back to work. Thank you for everything. Please come by for dinner tonight. I'll text you what time." I say, grabbing everything before hugging him, with a small peck on his cheek.

Getting into my vehicle, he also came out, standing by his car, waving me 'bye'. Driving back to work, I got a video call from Sakumo. "Hey auntie! How's work going?" "Work is good, I went out to get a coffee since I felt like needing one. Also! We have a guest coming over so when you get home, please cook something for me while I bring desserts." "I wonder who my next uncle could be?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut it! I'll be home by 5pm so- wait I have a call coming in. Talk later dear!" I say, hanging up on Sakumo and answering the incoming call. "Katsura, I won't be able to make it for dinner. I would be coming late and starting my stream late." He said. "Oh no worries. When you have time, let me know and I will arrange a date for us." He hummed in response before hanging up.

— — —

After work, I decided to grab some stuff from the grocery store, even though Kenma wasn't coming for dinner. I even went to that gaming store and bought the gaming headset Sakumo wanted. "Auntie! Where is the guest? Are they not coming?" "They actually contacted me and said they couldn't make it since they have a meeting to be caught up with." "A meeting? Did you tell them we could arrange another day?" "Yes, I have told him. Also, call this number here before 7:30 pm." I say before bringing out the cake from the bag.

As everything was in its place, Hana, Sakumo's mother and auntie arrived. When Sakumo blew his candles out, I got a notification on my phone. It was a text from Kuroo.

Kuroo:

After all that singing and feeding Sakumo cake, give me a call and put him on the phone for me? I feel so bad not to even come.

Katsura:

Don't feel bad, your present will be worth it. And we're just about to eat. I'll call you in a bit.

It was my turn to feed Sakumo some of his cake since it was a thing we always used to do as there was a knock on the door. "I'll go get it!" Auntie said. We all took pictures before Sakumo's name was called. "Open the door and you'll see your surprise." When he opened the door, THE Kodzuken was at the front door step. "Happy birthday, Sakumo." Sakumo smiled before Kenma opened his arms for a hug. Despite the fact that he hated hugs, he wanted to do it because it was my nephew. How was he here?

"Wait inside Sakumo, I'll be there shortly." I said before closing the door. "Didn't you tell me you had a meeting? What about your stream?" "Oh I canceled it. I posted a tweet saying that I will go live tomorrow." He explained. "I wanted to make up for your nephew. I even remembered his birthday but I guess he didn't remember the old me." "He was little, doesn't remember much nor go out as much. Come inside for dinner." I said, pulling his hand into the dining room.

"Oh! I forgot to call Kuroo. He wants to speak with you." I told Sakumo before calling Kuroo. I handed over the phone to Sakumo. They both talked for a bit before I saw auntie making Kenma a bit uncomfortable. When she got to get a piece of cake for him, he quickly sat next to me. "Me and you both need to catch up. How about tonight, me, you, and Sakumo go for a walk in the park." I nodded before Sakumo handed back my phone. "I gave uncle Kuroo my number so I don't have to use your phone all the time.

Word Count: 1390