V

Morning came as we all packed our stuff and left to go back to school. I ended up sitting next to Kuroo this time while Kenma was all by himself. "Why are you sitting with me? Go sit with your boyfriend." Kuroo teased. "Shut up, we aren't dating." "Then go sit next to him, I'm tired of squeezing to the fucking corner because of your big ass." I rolled my eyes and sat next to Kenma.

It was silent at first but then I remembered he wanted me to help him with a level. I looked over to see him struggling with the same level so I grabbed the console and tried to figure it out. I then moved on to the next level as Kenma was surprised. "A mastermind are you?" He asked.

I laughed before giving back his console. As he played his game, I got a text from auntie.

Auntie:

How was the game against Karasuno?

Katsura:

It was good. We won the two sets. Karasuno's number 9 & 10 has the quick attack and could do it with their eyes closed!

Auntie:

I bet you all were tired but happy for that win. Can't wait to see you, Kuroo and Kenma after school! I already miss you three.

Katsura:

We miss you too, auntie. Also, I love the books you gave me. Kenma was hooked on "The Player Next Door". You should've heard him!

Auntie:

I could already hear him! Anyways, I have more books for you when you come back. For now, focus on school. Love you <3

Katsura:

Love you too <3

"Who was that?" Kenma asked. "Oh it's auntie. She was wondering if we won the game. She even got new books." "Like I said, books are lame. What's the point in them?" "Says the one who was standing up for poor Millie. "I mean, Luke was an ass at first but then he was so nice to her. I think that's the only book I like." I showed him a smirk before he showed his iconic confused face.

"You're going to love 'After'. It's very good, I swear." He rolled his eyes and looked back at his game. "Fine. Only because it's you." "What do you mean 'me'?" He didn't answer. What did he mean by "me"?

— — —

As soon as school was finished, I pushed the book into Kenma's bag before he could notice. "What are you doing?" Kenma asked. I shrugged my shoulders before walking away with Kuroo. He caught up with us, playing a level on his console. "I heard there's a new game. It's trending all over the internet." I looked at Kuroo before he spoke, again. "I'll send you the link, Kenma."

Kuroo and I waved to Kenma before going through the door to see auntie preparing dinner. "Ah! You both are home. You have to tell me everything that happened." She said before dragging us to the dinner table. As we explained everything, Kuroo accidentally spilled that Kenma and I kissed. She was happy but for me... embarrassing as fuck. That's when I got a message from Kenma.

Kenma:

Is it okay if you wanna join me on the game that Kuroo sent me?

Katsura:

Sure. What game is it?

Kenma:

Can't tell. You probably will know when you see it.

Katsura:

Okay. Coming over now.

"Where are you going?" Kuroo asked. "To Kenma's place?" I said before walking out the door. "Have fun, Katsura!" Auntie said, waving. I knocked on the door to be greeted by Kenma. "I know what kind of games Kuroo liked to send but I think this one is a ROM hack game." Kenma said before showing me.

"Really? And you downloaded it already?" "I'm not playing it alone." He rolled his eyes as he sat down in his gaming chair. Before he clicked the game, it said 'Sonic.EYX ROM hack'. "A Sonic game really?" I said before grabbing another chair and sitting next to him. The game started off with the SEGA intro before everything turned static.

Sonic was glitching with weird teeth and blood. The NPC's were also glitching; in some levels, Sonic was taking the NPC's eyes out. It was creepy before a jumpscare happened. I screamed before holding onto Kenma's arm, no regrets. More and more jump scares came on before Kenma jumped. That's when Sally came on the screen, blood coming out of her eyes before it said 'Coming Soon' at the bottom.

Kenma closed it out before looking at me who was holding onto him as tight as possible. "I can't breathe with you squeezing me so tight." He said. I let go before calling Kuroo. "What is it Katsura?" Kuroo answered. "SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THE GAME YOU SENT KENMA WAS A ROM HACK GAME?! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO FUCKING PUSH MY FOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW!" I yelled through the phone before Kenma grabbed it.

"Don't worry, it was fun after all. I actually enjoyed it but I thought you told Katsura about it already. She held onto me like a body pillow." Kenma said as I rolled my eyes. "Well I guess you both had some great fun. Talk later!" Kuroo then hung up the phone as I plotted myself on his gaming chair again, playing the Sonic.EYX game again. "If I'm gonna sit here, you're sitting here with me." I said, dragging him to sit next to me.

Word Count: 910