XI

What are those clinging sounds? As I lifted up my eyelids, I saw there were bars. I was chained up. Sakumo was beside me, also chained up. I then looked to my other side to see Kenma chained up. He looked up, worried as I tried to wake up Sakumo. "Good morning, you three! You all look so beautiful chained up, wonder if a bit of blood and bruises might make yourself even prettier!" A man in a phantom mask said. He had a whip, a few knives and something I couldn't tell.

"Who should be our first volunteer?" It was silent until Kenma spoke. "I will." I looked at him, worried as ever as the phantom masked man unraveled the chains. He stood up, walking to a chair where he was forced to sit down. The phantom masked man grabbed the whip and started hitting him hard. I then whispered to Sakumo to close his eyes, as he did. It looked like he was bleeding before I yelled. "Stop! I'll do the rest!"

They both looked at me. "We have another volunteer!" He unraveled the chains as I stood. When he turned around, I grabbed the chains and wrapped it around his neck. I pulled him to the floor before grabbing a knife on the table. The man was on his feet again, walking up to me. "As a volunteer, you aren't allowed to do that." I took a glance at Kenma who seemed a bit unconscious. Before the phantom masked man was about to grab me, I dodged him before stabbing his back.

I grabbed back the chain before wrapping it around his neck and locking him to the wall. There was a lock on the wall as I connected the chain. I kicked the phantom masked man as he fell to the ground. The key was laying on the floor as I picked it up and unlocked Sakumo. I went straight to Kenma and woke him up. There were some bruises and a bit of blood. "Sakumo, help Kenma out of here." I unlocked the door to the outside as we were in a backyard?

It was almost sunrise as we ran out of the area, back home. Sakumo and I helped Kenma with the bruises and wounds that were visible. We laid him down on the bed as Sakumo went to get some water for him. "K-Katsura? Where am I?" He spoke. "Kenma! We woke up and were in some prison. You volunteered for some 'fun' and the person kind of whipped you hard. Don't worry, they were unconscious when we left." I explained.

"Oh, okay. Are you and Sakumo okay?" I nodded before Sakumo came into the room. "Here's some water, Kozume." He smiled before taking a sip. We all sat in silence before Sakumo spoke. "Whoever broke into here and locked us up will definitely do it again. We need to move somewhere else." "You both can move in with me." Kenma said. Sakumo and I looked at each other before looking back at him.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" He continued. We both shook our heads 'no'. "I guess we could. You don't mind, right?" I asked. He nodded before Sakumo hugged him. "Thank you so much, Kozume!" Sakumo's smile could make anyone's day. Kenma hugged him back before telling me to join them.

— — —

It's been a couple days since we moved in with Kenma. Kuroo kind of talked him into getting such a big house, even though he didn't really need one. "Thanks to me, I talked Kenma into getting a big house for needs like that!" Kuroo said through the phone. "So now we know who likes to spend Kenma's money." I said, sarcastically.

That's when we heard the doorbell ring. "I'll talk to you another day Kuroo, bye." I said before hanging up the phone. "Welcome Shoyo and... Noya? Nishinoya or just Noya?" I heard Kenma asked. I went to the front door to see Hinata and Nishinoya. "Hey! Long time no see!" I hugged both of them. "Either is fine man." Noya said with a bright smile.

"Thank god I made food. Come in and eat!" I said. "Oh hi, Hinata and Nishinoya!" Sakumo greeted the two boys. "Nice to see you little man! How's high school going for ya?" Nishinoya started to question Sakumo. I handed out plates and utensils to everyone as they all ate.