Chapter 18

February, 1511

February, 1511

Jacob and the men have arrived to the forest were Edith was  last seen.  They came to the place were the carriage was found.   Apart of Jacob wanted to freak out but he knew he need to keep calm, he need to find Edith, no matter what.  George then find something "Everyone, over here."  Jacob and the other men come over there and in the ground they see horse tracks.  Jacob knew it was a small chance that it was gonna lead them to Edith but he needed to take that chance.  So they all get on their horses and follow the tracks.  

Claude, Francis's  wife walks into his study where Francis's is sitting.  He looks up "Claude?"  She smiles "I need to speak with you."   He nods "Sit."  She closes the door and sits down.  

"You probably won't care but i'm pregnant."  She tells him.  He looks at her suprised.  "Really?"

She sighes.  "Relax, it's not yours.   Me and you haven't slept together in months."

He nods, relieved.  "Who is it then?"  "Hugo of House Rohan, he's a french diplomat."

He nods "Well i'm happy for you.  I will name the child as mine so you don't have to worry about that."

Claude nods "Thank you."  She stands up and walks out.  

Genevive was sitting in her bechambers playing with Alice.  Harry was with his sisters waiting for word about their mother, the queen.   She was thinking of her kiss with Harry when suddenly she feel sick so she runs to the closets bucket and throws up.  A maid walks up to her.  "M'lady, are you alright?"  Genevive sighes.  "Yeah.  I think i'm pregnant."

Alexander is sitting in his study, just waiting for Jacob to arrive.  A servant walks in.  "My lord, your wife is here."  He nods "Let her in."   With that the servant opens the door and his wife Cordelia came in, pregnant.  "What are you doing here? You should rest."   Cordelia caresses her belly.  "I can still visit my husband.  Is everything alright."   He smiles and kisses her hand "Everything's fine."   Cordelia looks at him "10 years ago i thought my life was over but i moved on and now we're getting another joy.  Maybe  a son."  He smiles "That would be great."  She takes his hand.  "Alexander, i love you and i loved our daughter but nothing can bring her back, you know that right?"   He nods but doesn't say anything.   Cordelia smiles and walks out.  He knows he should move on but he can't.  He need to avenge his daughter, his  Imogen.  

Anne was walking to the queen's bedchambers, she had a hard time with the birth.  

Anne walks in and when Elizabeth sees her she smiles "Anne, you came."  

Anne smiles and sits down next to her holding her hand.  "Of course.  I'm here."

After a while, Elizabeth finally pushes out the baby.  But the baby is dead.  

Anne can see that Elizabeth is losing a lot of blood, she is not gonna survive this birth.  Anne turns to one of the maids.    Henry turns to his daughter "Maggie, get your sister and brother."  Maggie runs out to get them, you could  hear her screams. 

Elizabeth turns to her "Anne?"   She looks at her "Yes, Lizzie?"  "Don't let him marry her."  Elizabeth tells both Henry and Anne.  

Henry looks at her confused.  "What?"   "Don't let him marry her."  She says again.  

Finally Anne understands "Okay."  But Henry is still confused.  "I don't understand lizzie."

"If he marries here there will be no sons, no kings.  Promise me."    Henry looks at her and sighes.  "I promise."    Anne turns to one of the servants "Send for Genevive."  The servant nods.  

The royal children walks in and they watch as their mother dies.  Henry watches as his wife and the love of his life dies.  Anne watches as her only friend dies.   

Genevive walks into the room.  She gasps as she sees the queen dead.  Anne walks up to her.  She looks at her mother "Why did you send for me?  If you did this to be cruel i..."  Anne cuts her off.  "I didn't to did this to be cruel"  She looks at Harry and then looks back at her daughter. "He needs you.  Go to him."   Genevive looks at her and nods.  She walks up to him and right away Harry falls into her arms and cries.  She just holds him.  

Jacob and the men finally arrive to where the horse prints stops.  It stops by a castle not that far from Devon.   Jacob and the men walk in to the castle, it's very quiet.  There's guards around but no one sees them, thankfully.  They get into the castle and Adam finds a way down to the dungeon so they walk down there and when they walk down they see a room that's before all the cells.  Jacob opens the door and there he sees Edith sitting on a chair with her hand tied behind her back.    He couldn't believe it.  She's found and alive.  

"Edith?"  He whispers.  She looks up and sees her husband, she couldn't believe it. But she was also scared now.  What if Alexander keeps on his threat.  Jacob walks up to her and takes off the ropes around her arms.   Edith then stands up and falls into his arms.  She was safe.  "We need to go."  She tells him.   Jacob nods "We will."  Jacob pulls away, still holding her.  "Are you alright?"

But just as she is about to reply she feels a sharp pain her back.  She takes a deep breath and looks down and sees two arrows pierced through the stomach.  She looks at Jacob and sees tears in his eyes and she collapses.  Jacob captures her.  He looks from her and sees the man. 

"Get him!" Jacob yells.  Alexander doesn't move but before they capture him, he throws a knife into James's shoulder.  Jacob sees as his father falls down but Edward and other men helps him.  George and Adam takes a hold of Alexander and walks him out.  

Jacob looks at Edith and sees she's slipping away.  "Edith please, don't leave me.  It's been me and you since i was 15.  it's supposed to be me and you forever.  Don't leave me."

Edith looks at him.  "You have given me a better life than i could have wished for.  You have given me beautiful children.  But most importantly god gave me you.  I love you."   Jacob sighes "I love you too but we deserve more time."   Edith nods "I will see my sister in heaven.  I will see you there one day."  With that Edith takes her one last breath.  

Jacob couldn't believe it.  His wife was dead and for what?  How was he gonna tell his children that their own mother was dead.   Jacob screams out of agony.  

Susanna Herbert  as Cordelia Leslie 

Edith and Elizabeth is dead :(  I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts