Chapter 19

February, 1511

February, 1511

Genevive, Claudia and Isabel were out on the courtyard because they heard that Jacob and his men were arriving soon.   Genevive was hoping that everything is alright and Edith is safe.  

But when She sees them coming out of the gates she can tell something is wrong.   She sees Edward and runs up to him.  She kisses him.  She's been so terrified.  

Claudia runs up to George and hugs him so tightly,   So glad he's safe.  

Isabel walks up to Jacob, she can see that something is wrong because she can see that he's been crying.  Jacob gets off his horse.   She looks at him.  "What's wrong?  Where's mom?"  Jacob takes a deep breath, looking at her with tears in his eyes.  "Isabel. You're mother is here but she's dead."  

 Isabel gasps, she can feel the tears forming.  "No. Please tell me this is not true, please?"   Jacob sighes and takes a hold of her hands.  "Isabel, my darling.  I wish it wasn't true.  But your mother is gone."    Isabel can't hold it any longer and before she collapses to the ground.  Her father catches her and just hold her.  

Genevive looks at Edward "She's gone?"  Edward nods.  "I'm sorry."  Edward pulls her into a hug.  Edith who has been in her life since the day she was born, is now gone.  She couldn't believe it.  

Edward pulls away. "But there is something else you should know."  Genevive looks at him confused but then she notices that she can't see her father.  She starts to freak out.  "Edward. Where is my father.  Where is he?"  She looks at him with tears in her eyes.    "He's with the physician.  He came before we did."   She looks at him shocked.  "And why haven't i been informed about this?"   Edward looks at her.  "That i do not know but let's go to him."  Genevive sighes and they walk inside towards her father's chambers.  

Jacob turns to Adam.  "Where is the prisoner?"    Adam turns to him. "He's in the tower, awaiting his exceution."   Jacob nods  "Good."  He takes Isabel's hand and walk inside.  

Adam walks into his chambers to get changed before visting his father.  He walks into his chambers but then looks towards his bed and sees Francis waiting for him.  Adam looks at him stunned. "Francis?"   He smiles. "Hi, my love."   Adam runs up to him and hugs him.  It was so glad to be in his arms.  Adam pulls away. "I have missed you so much."   Francis smiles and caresses his face. "I have missed you too.  I'm so glad you're alright."  Adam smiles and kisses him.   Francis was the love of his life and nothing could ever change that.  

Genevive and Edward arrive to her father's chambers.  She is terrified what she is gonna find.  They walk into the chambers and she sees her father laying in his bed with the physician watching over him.  Genevive sighes. "Father."   The physician turns to her.  "Lady and Lord Stafford."  Genevive walks up to him.  "Doctor. how is he?"    "Your father turned up with a nasty stab wound to his shoulder.  I have stiched up the wound.  But we still have to wait if your father survives the night."  Genevive nods.  "Okay, thank you."  She sits down next to her father who's sleeping.  She is holding his hand.  She can't lose another person today, she just can't.  

Jacob was in his study.  He felt so much sadness and anger inside him.  All he wanted was to cry and scream.  A guard comes in.  "My lord.  Lady Cordelia Leslie is here."   He looks at him confused. "Who?"   "The prisoner's wife, my lord."   Jacob takes a deep breath.  "Let her in."   Cordelia walks in and the guard closes the door.  Jacob looks at her. "What do you want? If it's for plead for your husband than you can go."  Cordelia sighes. "I'm not.  I'm not here to ask for forgiveness on his behalf or plead for my husband.  He deserves to pay for his crimes.  I just wanna see him one last time.  I wanna show him what this act has cost."  She caresses her belly.  

Jacob sighes. "Okay. Follow me."   Jacob takes Cordelia to one of the guards.  "Show her to the tower, she wants to see her husband."  The guard nods and turns to her.  "Follow me."   The guard takes Cordelia to her husband's cell.   "Cordelia Leslie."  The prison guard tells her husband and opens the cell door.  She walks over to him.  "Alexander."    Alexander sighes. "Cordelia."  Before Alexander can walk closer, she puts her hand up.  "Don't.  Don't come close."  He looks at her confused. "Cordelia, i..."    Cordelia scoffs. "What do you think what was gonna happen? Did you really think you would get away it? Imogen is gone, she is never coming back."   Alexander looks at her.  "I needed to avenge her."   Cordelia scoffs. "For what?  Our daughter killed an innocent woman and her unborn child.  She doesn't deserve to be avenged.  I miss her every day but i needed to move on.  I thought you had too."   Alexander looks down.   She sighes and caresses her belly.  "This is the last time you're gonna see me.  You will never see our children.  This child will never know who their father was.  Goodbye Alexander."  She walks out.  

Alexander was exceuted a few hours later.  

Genevive was in her chambers reading  a book when Edward comes in.  She smiles.  "Hi."   He smiles.  "Hey."   He sits down next to her.  "How are you feeling?"   She sighes.  "The queen is dead.  Edith is dead, a woman who has been more a mother to me than my own mother.  And my own father, the only parent that cares for me might die.  I don't know what to feel."   Edward sighes and kisses her head.  She looks at him. "I love you, Edward."   He smiles. "I love you too."   She caresses his hand.  "There is something i have to tell you."  He looks at her. "What is it?"  She smiles. "I'm pregnant."  He looks at her shocked.  "We're having a baby?"  She nods. "We are."  He smiles and pulls her into a hug.   Genevive knew that this child would be something good in the midst of all the bad.  

Everyone grieving Edith's death:(  Alexander is exceuted.  Genevive is pregnant.  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.