Chapter 20

MARCH,1511

MARCH,1511

It's now been a month since Edith and the queen's death.  Today was Edith's funeral.   Isabel's younger siblings have arrived to the court for the funeral.   James is still at bed rest and Genevive is scared that he's gonna get more sick and he's gonna die.    

Isabel is helping her youngest sister Rose to get ready for the funeral.  Rose is 7 years old, she still doesn't understand why their mother is gone.   Rose looks at her with tears in her eyes.  Isabel sighes and pulls her into her arms and just hold her.  "It's okay."  She tries to tell her but she knew it never really would be.  

Isabel walks to the church with her sisters Elinor, Marion and Rose.  Her father and her brother Phillip is waiting for them by the church, the guests are waiting inside.    As their older sisters Elinor and Isabel were holding hands with their younger sisters.  Elinor with Marion and Isabel with Rose.  

They finally get to the church and sees Jacob and Phillip.  Marion runs up to her father, he hugs her.   After a while he makes Marion stand. "There, now children we're now gonna make our final goodbye to your mother.  Don't be afraid to cry, it's okay in here.  But remember, your mother would want you to carry on.  As the oldest i want Isabel and Phillip to walk in first.  Elinor you will walk in with Marion and Rose, it's that alright."     "Yes, father."  They all answer.  

Isabel takes her brother's hand and they walk inside.  She knew her brother wanted to cry but he wanted to look strong."   They sit down,  Their sisters sit down next to them shortly after.    

After a while their father comes in carrying the coffin with their father's brothers George and Adam,  Their mother's father lord Robert Percy and  Their mother's brother Edward.   

After they have put down the coffin, Their father sits down with them in the middle of Rose and Marion.   He knew they would need him the most.   The priest starts talking.   Isabel can't hear it, it feels like she is somwhere else.   She looks at Phillip and sees he's crying.   She takes his hand and holds it.   He looks at her.  He doesn't say anything but he doesn't have to, she knows.  

When the ceremony is over, it's time to walk over to the coffin to say goodbye.   Isabel as the oldest child was the first of them to walk up.  She knew she wasn't ready for this, she doesn't wanna say goodbye, not now, not ever.  She takes a deep breath and walks up.  "Hi mom.  I miss you and i really wish you were here. I know you're in a better place with god."   She takes a deep breath.  "I love you."     She felt that she was going to break down any moment but thankfully Genevive comes up and helps her.  "I got you."  Genevive sits down with her as they watch Phillip walk up.    Phillip comes back after his done and just pulls Isabel into his arms.  He needs her.  

Marion walks up, only 10.  But she does understand more than her younger sister.  But with Rose, Jacob decided to walk with her.   He looks at the coffin and he can feel the tears streaming down.   This is it.  This is when it finally hits him.   She is really gone, he's a widower and he falls down his knees and sobs, he can't control it.  Genevive and Isabel runs up.   Isabel takes her sister's hand and walks back to sit down.   Genevive sits down on her knees and strokes Jacob's back.  "Jacob, you need to get up."  She whispers.  He shakes his head. "I can't."   Genevive looks at him and sighes.  "Jacob, i know it's hurts but you have to."   She tries to say.  He turns to look at her.  "I can't."   She looks at him confused but then she relaises.  He physically can't, he's exhausted out of grief.  She nods. "Okay, i will pull you up but you need to help me."   He nods.  Genevive takes her arms around his waist, Jacob holds her so he doesn't lose his grip.  Finally she gets him on his feet, she leads him back to his seat to sit down.  She could hear his legs shaking.   She helps him sit down and she sits down next to him.  He looks at her and smiles. "Thank you, sister."  She smiles. "Always."