Chapter 5: The Hangman Has Some Fun

"Andrew! Wake up!" Matt shouted in my ear as I gasped. "W-what happened" I grumbled as Monty and Matt looked worried. "Dude, you were passed out for a while; we kept trying to wake you up."

I looked around, groaning. "Ugh..my head...I kept having visions of Ricky...and about his trial and..." I faltered as Matt hugged me. "Don't worry, you can explain those later", he said with a smile as I managed to gain a small smile as I got up with Monty's help.

"Dude, I'm worried about you." 

"I-i'm fine." 

"You aren't, man; you fell onto the floor and kept mumbling to yourself."

I looked at him, and what came out of my mouth didn't sound like me at all. 

"I said I'm fine. Can we just deal with this fucking case," I said, rolling my eyes. 

Matt looked startled. "Dude, you don't sound like yourself." 

I clapped my hand over my mouth. "W-what the hell, why did I say that..." 

Matt said, looking worried, "Look, it's fine. We can figure this out; let's just focus on the case." 

Silence filled the air while we looked into the wedding angle, which might have been part of Ricky's escape or just random luck. 

"So, in your vision, what else did you see?" Matt asked as I looked over at him as he decided to cut the tension. 

"Oh, uh, they all spiked the staff's coffee with a paralyzing serum since all of them viewed Ricky as a celebrity, which was surprising. Then they planned a breakout," I explained casually, which was very strange even for me. 

"Wow," Matt said as he, then said in a suspicious tone "Andrew? Why did you sound so casual when you mentioned your vision? You're normally scared when this happens" 

I shook my head and groaned. "Ugh, I don't know must be the aftermath of my visions" 

"Damn, this is bad, but I'm sure we might be able to get something from this", Matt said with some hope in his voice as I nodded. "Yeah, maybe," I said plainly as Matt and Monty were still worried about me. 

Monty then got a call from someone. As he answered, "Sheriff's office" 

"ah, sheriff, how's the case coming along," the mayor's voice from the other end of the line said in a Southern accent

"It's progressing", Monty said, rubbing his eyes 

"That's great. I don't want this causing a scandal on my reputation," Louie said smoothly in a creepy way 

"Uh yeah, it won't, sir" 

"I sure hope it doesn't. I don't want this town to have a bad reputation"

The call ended as he shivered. "God, the mayor is very creepy"

"Yeah, he is; what did he talk to you about?" Matt asked as Monty explained, putting his hat down on his desk.

"Well, he wanted to know about the case as he didn't want it to taint his and the town's reputation if it didn't get solved," Matt said, and Matt and I looked at each other worried. Yeah, he has some suspicious vibes," Matt said. 

"Yeah, he gave me very uncomfortable vibes the first time I met him", I added, rubbing my eyes and pushing back my dark brown hair. Matt sighed as he pushed back his light brown hair. 

"Ugh, what the hell are we even going to do," Matt said as Monty had an idea. "Well, we could look into the mayor's background; there might be something to indicate him to the hangman"