Chapter 13: The Hangman's Lucky Day

I groaned; my vision was worsening; I didn't know why they were getting so bad, but nonetheless, we had to figure out why this whole thing was happening. We had a smorgasbord of suspects, but each one had a different story to tell, which we needed to peace together. 

Matt looked extremely worried for me, but I just wanted to get this case done and figure out why I was seeing ghosts and having visions.  

"I still think the mayor has something to do with this", matt said as we walked down the street, people minding their own business and going about their day.

"I don't blame you," I said, "he is one sadistic piece of shit." 

"Yeah, I'm still worried about you, Andrew; I mean, are you sure these visions won't go out of hand," Matt asked with a worried tone in his voice. 

I sighed, thinking of all the visions I had, "Honestly, I don't know, but I think they're already out of hand", I added, rubbing my eyes. "I'll be fine, though," I said 

"But can I ask what your vision was about?" 

"Well, Ricky and his crew joined George and Walter in the whole drug dealing business, cause if they didn't well, they would have ratted them out to the FBI, which reminds me we need to look into the pastors and Walter's criminal records, it seems they went to prison and served time." 

Matt nodded. "Yeah, we should go to Monty; he might be able to dig up some records on them." 

We went to the sheriff's department and examined George and Walters's criminal records. 

"Holy shit, this a long record, stealing, money laundering, and so much more." 

"Jesus Christ, and they served a hard time, but it seems they did reform afterwards." 

"uh huh yeah ', reformed' that was a fat fucking lie." 

Matt laughed "yeah, it didn't end well for them," he said as we looked into the records, as more information popped up. 

We kept looking into the criminal records when I saw something in the corner of my eye. I couldn't make it out, but I knew it was a figure, but I thought nothing of it. The figure suddenly got closer. 

The figure didn't really look familiar but it was a man in his mid 30s, his skin was a deathly pale white, he wore a dark blue suit, he had neat dark brown hair, and blood dripped down his face, he stared at me with a dead look in his pale grey eyes. 

"H-help me..." the man said as he had a ring around his neck "P-please h-help me" I staggered backwards as Matt looked over and saw the figure too as he kept shouting "help me!" Blood trickled down his face as he disappeared into thin air

"T-tell me you saw that shit" I said shakily 

"Y-yeah what the actual fuck" Matt stammered as we looked at each other scared out of our minds. 

"W-who was that?" I asked as Matt looked scared and freaked out

"I-i don't fucking know! But we need to figure this out" 

Matt nodded as we now had more information to this case and we noted that this man was killed by the hangman, due to the ring around his neck.

We calmed down eventually and started looking into the hangmans former victims since we knew that he had done this before. So this wasn't his first time killing people in this town.