Chapter 22: The Hangman's Endangering Encounter

Ricky and his crew were in a house they had gotten from the church, seemingly minding their own business, when they saw John again, but he had an aura of confidence as he entered the house. 

"Ah, John, any updates on the whole Louie thing," Artemis said, crossing his arms with a grin.

"Oh hell yeah, I got lots of evidence on his dealings and a lot more," John said as he sat on the couch next to Wade. 

He showed them what he had gotten as they all looked through each file. "Oh wow, this is insane", Ricky muttered as he flipped through the reports. 

"Wait, who's Miles Darnell?" Roland said, looking at a picture of the man. 

Miles was average height; he had golden brown skin, a short dark brown clean-shaven beard, and dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He had many scars on his face, which told them he had been in a fight. 

"Wow, this guy has been through alot", Kyle muttered as they all decided to look into him. 

"Well, this isn't surprising," Michael said. "He has a criminal record for stalking people, so it looks like he's also done time in jail." 

"Okay, that is something; maybe we should have a look into that," Wade said. 

They kept talking about him when they heard the commotion outside. 

"What the hell" Ricky muttered, looking out the window. "Holy crap, it's Miles and Louie," he said as everyone went to the window to look. 

"I can't keep doing this anymore!" Miles shouted angrily in a thick Irish accent. 

"You have to! My reputation is at stake" Louie shouted, his anger rising, sounding like a child not getting his way. 

"Oh, who gives a fuck about your reputation! What you're doing is wrong and unethical!" Miles shot back as Louie's anger bubbled inside him. 

"You will do what I say! Or else!" 

"Or else what?! Threaten me, Bribe me, Kill me?!" 

"Just do what I say!" 

Miles shouted, "I'll never do what you say! I'll report you to the FBI! I'm sure they'll be interested in you're 'business schemes' and your 'reputation' Louie!"

Louie felt panic kick in; he didn't want to be exposed by the Feds; his whole reputation would go down the drain, and he didn't want that to happen. 

"You wouldn't dare!" He shouted, getting angry and nervous. 

"WATCH ME, YOU SICK, TWISTED FUCK! HAVE FUN ROTTING IN JAIL, YOU EGOTISTICAL BITCH" Miles shouted, flipping him off and stalking off angrily.

Everyone saw him as he said nervously, "Nothing to see here" He left for his office looking fine, but he was really scared and freaked out. 

"Wow, that was an interaction", Kyle muttered as everyone in the town started buzzing with chatter about what happened. 

"yeah, we should talk to Miles later once he's calmed down," Ricky said as they all nodded. "I have a feeling they're might be more to this whole town than we first thought"

The crew planned how to talk to Miles, hoping they'd get more information about what was happening and ensure Louie was sent to jail for all his crimes.

"If you had learned just a little from me, you would not beg to live. I am rumor. It is a blessed condition, believe me. To be whispered about at street corners. To live in other people's dreams, but not to have to be." - Candyman