Chapter 18: The Hangman's Political Election

"Please vote for me as mayor! and I'll assure you this town stays safe under my watch as my father did before me!" Louie Underwood said with that fake political camera smile for the press as cameras clicked and the candidates had that same smile plastered across their faces. 

"God, can he be any more of a fucking liar" Ricky scoffed, rolling his eyes, and he and his crew leaned against a wall, taking a drag of his cigarette. 

"Ugh yeah, they're all fucking liars", Kyle said, downing a bottle of beer

They watched the election happen, with loads of people gathered around casting their votes for the candidates they wanted to vote for. 

"This election is a piece of shit," Artemis said, smoking a joint. "These people are just going be crap anyway, so what's the fucking point." 

"I agree," Roland replied, scoffing as he rolled his eyes at all the reporters asking questions to the candidates. 

"What are your ideas to make this town safer?" One reporter asked, holding a notepad and pencil.  

Another piped up, "What about the escaped convicts from the sacred Angel's asylum and the runaway groom?" 

Ricky and the others look over with amused looks. "Oh look, their talking about us, how lovely." 

The candidates looked like they saw a ghost as they looked around nervously. 

Ricky and his crew tried not to laugh at the candidates' reactions as they had to stifle their laughter. 

But it was way too hard, not too! It was priceless and absolutely hilarious in their eyes. 

One of the candidates, a young man, said, "We'll be able to catch them and try them to the fullest extent of the law."  He had a determined look in his eyes, but Ricky and his crew tried so hard not to laugh; it was too much for them since it was so funny. 

"I-i can't; this is hilarious," Roland said with a snigger as they all nodded in agreement, sniggering.

The candidates kept talking, trying to bring on that political message. Wade rolled his eyes. "Seriously, do they really think they're going to catch us." he scoffed, crossing his arms. 

"I know. This is so pathetic." Kyle said, scoffing as he downed a bottle of beer.

They all tried not to laugh as the election went on, and every candidate explaining why they should be chosen as mayor progressed over time. One of the judges said, "thank you, we will discuss this and say the results in a few weeks" Everyone left as Ricky and his crew walked down the streets, acting good, which they hated. Still, they had to deal with it since they didn't want to return to jail. 

Everyone kept talking about who they thought would win the election, as Ricky and his team couldn't care less about it. They were only there for shits and giggles. 

Meanwhile, Louie was in his office rubbing his eyes as he slumped in his chair and poured himself a glass of whiskey. 

"That was fucking unbearable", he muttered, downing his drink before pouring another. 

His assistant said, looking up from his clipboard, "Don't worry, sir, you just need to appear at a few more events and-" 

"Oh, come now, John, this is pointless. I know I will win, and besides, I fucking hate appearing at events." 

"Y-yes, I know you do." John stammered, pushing his glasses against his face, a little embarrassed. 

"And besides, all these people have to vote for me, or well...they'll deal with the consequences." 

John gulped as he left the office, closing the door behind him as Louie sipped his drink; he put on an old record which was an Elvis song, the music filling the room as he leaned back into his chair and sighed deeply. 

The assistant left for his office. He sat down in his chair and started working on some documents, and he was apprehensive since he knew what Louie was capable of since his family was potent in their line of work. 

The worry overwhelmed him; he wanted to tell someone but didn't want to get in trouble or get killed. So he just kept working as if nothing was worrying him. Everyone kept whispering about how worried John was acting.

"He's acting really weird", one co-worker whispered.

"Yeah, he looks perturbed about something", Another worker whispered back.

"I know, he looks really agitated", A third Co-worker whispered back. 

After the day had passed, John went home; he walked down the street; as he walked down the road, he saw Ricky and his gang talking about something. Being very curious, he decided to listen in.

"Honestly, Louie is fucking creepy. He is the literal embodiment of an FDLS Leader," Artemis said, smoking a cigarette.  

"Yeah, like warren jeffs, he was a fucking mess", Wade added, sipping a beer.

"Oh yeah, or Charles Manson", Roland added, smoking a joint. 

Kyle looked over at John and smirked. "Boss, it looks like we've got an unexpected guest with us." 

John squeaked as he stepped out of his hiding spot and tried to compose himself as he walked towards them. 

"Well, who are you?" Ricky asked plainly as he smoked a joint. 

"I-I'm John Goldsworth. I work with Louie. I'm his assistant," He stammered, adjusting his glasses. 

"Well, Mr Goldsworth, why were you listening to our conversation?" Wade asked with a grin appearing on his face as John blushed in embarrassment. 

"W-well, I know how you think he's creepy, and he wants to win this election," He said, pushing his light brown hair back, his dark brown eyes surveying the group. 

"what do you mean 'win this election'? Does he want to rig it?" Wade asked, walking closer to John, seeing the assistant blush a light pink. 

"Y-yes, he does, and I-i don't want to be a part of it, but he can force anyone to bend to his will with bribes, threats and more," John said, still blushing as Wade smirked. 

Everyone watched with a grin as Michael said, "So he's trying to make it like the handmaid's tale?" he asked as John nodded quickly. 

"Fuck that's bad," Kyle said thoughtfully, looking at everyone who agreed silently. 

John was still blushing as he looked at Wade; their eyes locked onto each other as he smirked. "Well, thanks for your help," Wade said with a grin as John blushed a bright red and nodded. "O-of course," he said, leaving, still blushing as Ricky smirked. 

"Looks like someone has a crush on you," Artemis said with a grin.

"Oh yeah, this is going to be fun," Wade said with a smug look on his face. 

All of them laughed and had a plan form in their minds. They would have a lot of fun taunting Louie or, even better yet, try to expose him to the FBI. They all knew what fun they would have trying to uncover the mayor's secrets, so this would be interesting. 

Back at home, John couldn't stop thinking about Wade; he couldn't get him out of his head; every time he thought about him, he felt himself having butterflies in his stomach. He didn't even know he could feel that way about a person; he knew he had feelings for men, but a criminal like Wade was different, but he still couldn't stop thinking about him.

"A-am I going crazy?! Why do I like him? Yes, he's hot, and those eyes they looked like emeralds....what am I doing?! Keep it together, John!" John kept muttering as he couldn't get Wade out of his head, his face blushing red. Did he really have a crush on a criminal? No, he couldn't have...could he?

"I don't believe in man, God, nor devil. I hate the whole damned human race, including myself.... I preyed upon the wake of the harmless and the unsuspecting. This lesson I was taught by others: Might makes it right." - Gary Ridgway, AKA The Green River Killer