Chapter 20: The Hangman's Blackmail Business

John walked down the street, looking worried, but tried to act like nothing was wrong. Everyone knew the prisoners and what they looked like due to the news, but whenever John even looked or thought about wade, he would blush a bright red.  

Artemis and the others were chatting after their shift at the church, outside the building and talking amongst themselves. 

"Churches fucking suck; I mean, I cannot survive another minute in there,"   Roland said, rubbing his forehead as he leaned against a wall as he smoked a cigarette. 

"Yeah, right, I just wanted to burn the place down, but we can't because of the 'secret business' going on," Kyle said, rolling his eyes and smoking a joint. 

"I know it's shit, but hey, we have to deal with it," Wade said, sighing and smoking a cigarette.

"Plus, John has a massive crush on you, Wade; I bet he'd do anything for you," Michael said with a smirk as he smoked a cigarette. 

"Oh yeah, he would do anything, huh," Ricky said with a smirk taking a puff of his joint. 

John took a deep breath, went up to them, and said, "Wade, c-can I talk to you in private?" He asked as Wade just shrugged after putting out his cigarette. "I guess", he said as he left his friends, as they returned to chatting. 

Wade and John went somewhere private, a quiet area behind the church. 

"So, what did you want to talk about," he asked with a smirk as John blushed red.

"W-well, I've got something to tell you," John said nervously, still blushing at Wade.

Wade raised an eyebrow. "Okay? What is it." he gestured to John as he started to speak. 

John said quickly as Wade chuckled, "I hate sneaking around like this; Louie knows something's up, and he might do something bad to me." John added, rubbing the back of his neck. 

 "I know how much you hate Louie, always at his every fucking beck and call, but think about how good it'll feel if you break the rules," Wade said, smirking as he lifted John's chin with his finger "So what do you say, want to have some fun and live a little?" he whispered into his ear which made John blush red and shiver a little. 

Wade saw how much John was blushing as he chuckled and kissed him. John blushed a bright red before kissing back; they broke it after a few minutes, and John was still blushing. "I-i'll help you break the rules; I fucking hate Louie," he said, feeling much better. 

"Good," Wade said with a smirk as he kissed him again, leaving him a blushing mess.

"So what was that about," Artemis said with a grin. 

"Oh, he said he liked me, and after some persuasion, he's gonna help us take down Louie," Wade said with a smirk. 

"Damn well, this is going to be fun," Artemis said with a laugh. 

The men laughed, knowing that this job was going to really easy and to stop a corrupted mayor would be very interesting for them. 

They looked into Louie's life, dealings and everything, which was a wildly fucked up mess, but they kept looking into his history, which was, let's be honest: A fucking horror show. 

They got really interested in this whole thing, so they decided to keep looking into it to expose him to the FBI, get him arrested for his crimes, and bring justice to the town,  just for shits and giggles for them so they can watch Louie's power go down the fucking drain to hell. 

"they say that when one door closes, another opens. Well, a door closed tonight. And what a long night it was" - Ethan Winters Resident Evil 7: Biohazard