Chapter 27: The Hangman's Sickening Social Media

After reading all the blog posts for hours, I felt like my brain would burst from cringe. 

Why the fuck did I even read that? 

Just why.

 I instantly regretted my decision. 

I just wanted to pour bleach into my eyes.

Oh, and my visions? They're getting even more painful and vivid; it felt like someone was bashing my head with a hammer. Yay...

Matt and I were in Monty's office at the Sheriff's station, reviewing more case evidence, which was getting worse, to no one's surprise. 

"Why in the fucking world did I have to read this?" Matt muttered, looking over at me as I rubbed my eyes, nursing my headache from my vision. 

"I have no clue, but it was so bad...I cannot believe people had to deal with that shit," I said tiredly; my brain felt like sludge, and I hated it. 

"Like, does Sally think she could change the stalker? I mean, come on, it's not one of those Y/N wattpad/AO3 fanfics," Matt added with an annoyed sigh.

"I know, right?" I muttered, my head swimming with pain from the nightmares and visions. I even had to resort to taking sleeping pills to try and rest, but that didn't help; it just made my visions even worse, so that's just wonderful. 

Matt looked at me, worried. "Are you getting more of those visions?" he asked, looking over at me. 

"yeah, they're getting worse; it's messing with my head..." I muttered, looking over at Matt, who still had a worried look on his face. 

"This is seriously getting worrying."  Matt sighed, rubbing his eyes, feeling the tiredness kick into his system.  

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yeah, it is worrying, but I'm used to it by now", I added, stretching and getting up from my seat. 

"Are you sure?" Matt said in a tired, soft tone.

"I don't know...I feel that side of me just pulling at my mind, but no matter how hard I try to control it, I give in and let that side take over me," I said sadly, rubbing my eyes. 

Matt sighed, "Right, and I guess when you snap out of it, you don't remember anything?" He replied, looking at me.

I nodded, sighing. "It's a nightmare..." I mumbled, "I mean, sometimes I remember it, but other times, it's just a blur...like a fog just takes over my brain" 

"I'm just worried about you; what if...Ricky takes over your body again; what if he doesn't give you control over your body..." Matt rambled on, worry evident in his voice. 

I sighed, knowing the scenario would most likely happen; knowing Ricky, he would definitely be the type of person to do that to me. 

"I know..." I muttered, "And you have every right to be worried about me, but I don't know how to control it..." 

"Andrew...this is worrying; you need serious help," Matt said worriedly, touching my shoulder. 

Oh, thank you, Captain fucking obvious! You're a great help to society! 

"Thank you, Captain Obvious..." I grumbled, rubbing my baggy eyes. 

"Dude, I'm serious; you might become Ricky, and I might not be able to help you," Andrew said worriedly. 

Oh really, like I didn't know that; well done, sherlock holmes, you cracked the fucking case! 

"I know..." I muttered, rubbing my eyes in annoyance.

This day cannot get any worse

"Why hello there, gentlemen; hope the case is going well", A southern voice spoke from the doorway; we turned around and saw it was Louie, the mayor. 

Oh great, I was wrong! 

"Oh yeah, it's going fine, Mayor Underwood," Matt replied plainly