Chapter 7 - beach day

(Just a reminder: German looks like this)

I sleepily opened my eyes, but the sun was beaming so strong that I immediately closed them again and blindly tried to find my sunglasses. Suddenly my fingers touched something warm. 

"Ouch" Laura complained loudly next to me. "That was my eye."

"Sorry. I'm looking for my sunglasses" I whined. Seconds later, I felt someone shove the sunglasses into my hand. "You better be looking for sunscreen too" Laura remarked mockingly. "You're as red as a lobster."

I put on my sunglasses and looked down at myself. Laura was right, but that was what I got for falling asleep in the afternoon sun at the beach. I sat up and looked around. I was laying on a huge towel next to Laura, who was reading a book. She was clearly better equipped than me, because she was wearing a Nike cap and a light blouse. Lucy and Keira seemed to have fallen asleep with Lucy hugging Keira tightly in her sleep.

Between us, Alexia was talking to Snow White and Snow Whore, sorry, Ingrid and Mapi of course. Jenni was laying on a towel a little further away and shooting death glares to Alexia. I wondered if she was still mad at her from the other day or if they were already having a new fight.

Knowing my tinted glasses will protect me, I threw them a closer look. All of them were wearing bikinis, but the sun didn't seem to be doing Ingrid's fair skin much good either, as she was slightly red. If she wasn't careful, I'd have to come up with a new nickname for her, because I was sure Snow White never got sunburned.

Snow Whore on the other side surprisingly seemed to have no problems with the sun, even though she usually seemed to have a problem with everyone and everything. I looked at her tattoos, which were spread all over her athletic body. Although I usually preferred smaller tattoos like those of Alexia, I had to admit that Mapi's tattoos did suit her somehow. Except for that stupid neck tattoo. Her looks definitely weren't deceiving, she was exactly how she looked like.

From the other side, Laura nudged me. "Do you want to come in the water with me? I think a cool down is just what you need right now." I nodded enthusiastically and Laura called out to the others to come along. Of course, to my displeasure, only Mapi and Ingrid joined us and ran past us into the water. Cautiously, I touched the sea with my toes. It wasn't going to be a cool down, because it felt like being inside a boiling cooking pot. Laura wrinkled her nose as well. "It's just too hot here" she grumbled, scowling as she walked further into the water.

Out of nowhere I was splashed with a load of water.

"Hey!" I complained and turned around to find out who did this to me.

"Don't be so fussy. It's not bad once you're inside." Ingrid laughed encouragingly.

I threw her an annoyed look. "That's easier said than done."

"Oh yeah?" I heard Mapi's deep voice ask behind me. A moment later I felt a firm pressure on my shoulders, and I was pushed underwater.

I screamed and kicked around me until I finally managed to free myself from the grip. I got up while still coughing up water and looked directly into Mapi's face.

"Is it better now?" she asked me with an innocent smile.

Just wait. Without thinking twice, I jumped on her and we fell over together. My left hand was on her wet, soft skin to push her down and with my right I splashed more water on her face.

"Now it's better" I stated.

"I surrender, Princesa." She laughed. "Just let go of me!"

Oh, great. I'd never get rid of that stupid nickname. From the look on Ingrid's face, I wasn't the only one who didn't like the name. Only then did I realise that I was literally sitting on Mapi's lap, nothing but the thin cloth of our bikini bottoms between us. I blushed uncontrollably and got up quickly. As a peace offering I held out my hand to Mapi and pulled her up. Just for short moment, in fact it was so short that once again I wasn't sure if it was all in my head, she stopped in front of me and looked me straight in the eyes while not letting go of my hand. Her lips formed a tiny grin which caused a shiver to run down my spine.

Slightly embarrassed, I lowered my gaze and decided to leave the sea. I didn't need her to control my body like this.

Laura stayed in the water with the others, so I made my way to Alexia who was sitting alone, still having to endure Jenni's death glares.

"How are you doing?" I wonder while sitting down next to her.

She shot me a small smile. "A little better, thank you Em."

"Then why does it look like Jenni's trying to burn you alive with her eyes?"

Alexia let out a loud sigh. "I might have been ignoring her since Monday. At first, I didn't want to talk to her and now it's been almost a week and I don't know how to strike up a conversation without it being totally awkward."

"You can't be serious? I never thought you to be a shy person!"

Alexia just looked at me with puppy eyes and now it was my turn to let out a sigh. "Fine, I'll help you. After all, it seems that you're the reason Mapi tolerates me now."

"I don't know what you're talking about" Alexia winked.

Meanwhile I was waving at Jenni. "Come join us, tía." I could see that Jenni was hesitating, so I nudged Alexia which caused her to throw Jenni an encouraging smile.

"See, that wasn't that hard" I whispered while Jenni was making her way over.

"Just wait until you fall in love" Alexia protested loudly.

"Me? Never!" I said.

"Who's in love?" Jenni asked at the same time and threw Alexia a questioning look.

"Me, you stupid idiot." Alexia laughed.

Jenni sat down closely next to Alexia, placing her hand behind Alexia's back. "Who's the lucky one?"

"You, of course. It has always been you."

Liked by marialeonn16, alexiaputellas and 31'305 others

emiliacortes20: first beach day <3

-------

marialeonn16: next time I'll drown you;)

alexiaputellas: guapa ("beautiful")

buehlklara: vermisse dich:( ("Miss you")

laurafreigang: wunderschön <3 ("beautiful")

lucybronze: <3