Chapter 25 - social media day

A/N: 1'000 votes... wow!! thank you to each and everyone who supports this story by reading and interacting with it<3 every like & comment puts a huge smile on my face! I'm always open for inputs, feedback and ideas!!

In preparation for the upcoming Champions's league match we dedicated the whole day to interviews, photoshoots and other promo stuff. It was fun at first, but after countless interviews and three different photoshoots all I wanted to do was leave.

"Emilia, how different is life in Barcelona compared to Germany?" the interviewer, a small, chubby man with huge glasses, wanted to know. He had been interviewing me for quite some time and his questions always found their way back to Bayern Munich, no matter how hard I tried to avoid them.

"The biggest difference is probably the weather" I fake-chuckled, scanning my surroundings in hope to find one of my teammates who could then save me from this unpleasant situation.

"Mhm" the journalist cleared his throat as he studied some papers. "I read here that you even suffered a heat stroke a few weeks ago."

"Yes, I've never been good with hot temperatures. However, I managed to quickly recover with the excellent help of our medical staff and my teammates."

"Why would you choose coming to Barcelona then?"

It was clear that his sole intention was to wind me up, probably in hopes that I would expose some valuable information in my rage.

Thank god for all the years of intensive media training.

"You can't really turn down an offer from Barca, can you?" I smiled, seeing that Mapi had just entered the room. Our eyes instantly connected as I tried to gesture her to join me.

"My sources say that Barcelona had been interested in you for two years, so you clearly knew how to say no to them. What made you change your mind?"

In that moment, I felt a firm grip on my shoulders, instantly feeling safe in Mapi's presence.

"Hola" the blonde smiled at the interviewer. "I've come to take Emilia to her next appointment, if you don't mind."

"Well actually we-" the chubby man intervened, sending death glares at Mapi as he knew he had been so close to my breaking point.

"It was so nice speaking to you" I grinned as I got up, quickly following Mapi to the other side of the room.

"Thanks for saving me. He was such a dick."

"Yeah, I heard his last question" the blonde grimaced, letting herself sink on a bench next to the wall. "Do you have some more media stuff today?"

"No, luckily that was my last one" I answered, following her example in taking a seat next to her, my arm slightly brushing hers, the mere touch being enough to set my body on fire.

"I'm done as well. Do you want to come back to my place for dinner?"

I nodded nervously, bitting my lip in the process. Ever since the night of the party almost two months ago I hadn't been to Mapi's apartment and after all it was Mapi.

An invitation to her place could only mean one thing.

But how could I say no?

Mapi's fingers gently stroked against my leg for a short moment, before she got up and gestured me to follow her outside, but we were interrupted by our social media manager Martha.

"You guys are free right now, right?" She wondered after quickly glancing down to her clipboard. "I need you to fill in for Alexia and Jenni. They were supposed to do an interview together, but for some reason they refuse to do so." The short, dark haired woman rolled her eyes, leading Mapi and me to a small camera team in another room, where we were greeted by a nice looking interviewer called Carla.