Chapter 18 - doctor's visit

A/N: a shorter chapter as I'm still sick, but I didn't want to leave you hanging;) depending on how I feel there might be another chapter tonight.

"No, you really don't have to wait for me" I reassured Antonia, who had driven me to the Joan Gamper training facility. It was currently the last day of international break, however both Spain and Germany had already played and their matches and the players would return to practice tomorrow.

If I passed my upcoming medical examination today, I would also be allowed to attend practice again.

"Are you sure?" a worried Antonia asked. Her being a nurse had come in handy during the last week when she had been taking care of me, but it also meant she was still being kind of overprotective now.

"Yes, I'm sure. I need to get back to my normal routine if I wanna go back to practice tomorrow." I gave her a quick kiss. "Goodbye, Anto."

She smiled at me. "See you."

As I watched her drive away, I couldn't help but feel bad. She had been a real lifesaver over the last week and I enjoyed the time we had spent together, but I could tell she wanted more. Meanwhile, I was trying to distance myself from Mapi over the past few days, but I still couldn't prevent my thoughts from always shifting to her. As I was walking to our club doctor's office, I looked at the messages she had sent me for the hundredth time.

[16/09/2024 16:37:24] Mapi: Princesa, you really scared me today! Are you okay?

[16/09/2024 19:43:56] Emilia: I'm okay, it was just a light

heat stroke. I can leave the hospital tomorrow.

[18/09/2024 10:15:52] Mapi: Are you feeling better?

[19/09/2024 17:23:41] Emilia: yes

[22/09/2024 23:55:07] Mapi: I miss you, princesa.

[24/09/2024 07:19:42] Mapi: ?

It wasn't that I didn't want to reply, but I knew it would be better if I distanced myself to prevent myself from catching feelings for a teammate. That just couldn't happen. Nevertheless, I felt bad for not replying and made a mental note to send her a short message later.

Sighing, I took a seat on an old chair outside of the doctor's office, waiting to be called inside. Not knowing what else to do, I scrolled through my explore page on Instagram when I stumbled across a picture that made my jaw drop.

26'387 likes

26'387 likes

mapi.news: Mapi and Ana were spotted leaving the stadium together after yesterday's match. Is there still hope for them?

---

ingridengenvibes: poor Ingrid

^woso.players: wasn't she rumored to be with Emilia?