Chapter 19 - Tenerife

After a three and a half hour plane ride we landed on the Atlantic island Tenerife where we'd play UDG Tenerife tomorrow evening. Our flight had been delayed due to a storm, so it was already pitch dark outside when we made the short bus ride to the hotel.

To my luck, I would be rooming with Alexia for the next two days.

As we entered the spacious hotel room, I let myself fall onto the bed next to the window.

"Is it okay if I take this one?" I asked Alexia.

"Of course" the queen of Barcelona answered. "I prefer the bed closer to the bathroom anyway."

"We're a perfect match then" I chuckled lightly, kicking my shoes of my feet.

Alexia raised her brow as she followed the shoes with her eyes. "I don't know about that."

I threw a quick glance on my phone. Tenerife being in a different time zone luckily gained us an hour of free time more on this busy day.

"Do you wanna do a movie night?" I suggested.

Alexia excitedly clapped her hands. "Yes! We could watch my new documentary."

My jaw dropped slightly. "You've got to be kidding me!"

"Of course, I am." Alexia smirked. "Although it is very good, you should watch it sometime."

Annoyed, I threw a pillow to her, not wanting to admit that I had already seen it. "You're so annoying!"

"Bend it like Beckham is always good classic" the Barcelona captain proposed. "Do you mind if I invite Jenni?"

Now it was my time to smirk. "You guys are too cute. I don't mind at all."

As I grabbed the remote and tried to find the movie, Alexia was texting Jenni on her phone.

"Jenni is rooming with Mapi, so she's coming too" the brown-haired midfielder let me know.

"Oh." I hadn't gotten the chance to speak to her ever since our little disagreement two days ago due to the defender avoiding me as much as possible.

Alexia glanced at me with a questioning face. "Oh? What does that mean? Do you not want her to come?"

"No, no, of course not!" I quickly brushed it off, not wanting to create any unnecessary tension.

Jenni and Mapi entered our room in that exact moment, saving me from more of Alexia's questions, however creating the next problem when Jenni naturally took a seat on Alexia's bed. This left Mapi with no other choice but to sit next to me.

"Hola princesa" she greeted me with an unsure smile, probably not meaning to start any drama in front of Jenni and Alexia.

"Hi" I shyly smiled back, finally having found the movie on Netflix.

We all stayed relatively quiet during the football classic, not only exhausted from the previous training session and our journey to Tenerife, but also lost in our thoughts and memories as the movie hit close to home. As girls, we all had to struggle with others telling us we were not supposed to play football.

"If the movie was set in 2024, Jess and Jules would have definitely ended up as a couple" Jenni finally stated her opinion on the two main characters when the movie was just about to finish,.

"The whole point of the movie is to contradict stereotypes such as every female footballer being into girls" Alexia disagreed.

"But our whole team is gay" Mapi chuckled.

"That's not true!" Alexia defended her opinion. "Lieke, Aitana and Rolfö are straight."

"So are Jill and Jana" Jenni laughed.