Chapters 29 - hide and seek

(A/N: Sorry for not having uploaded in so long. I had already written half of the chapter when I noticed my idea didn't work with the actual outline of the Johan Cruyff training center and I'm trying to keep things as real as possible:) also thank you for 50'000 reads <3)

<3

Jonatan blew the whistle, indicating that practice was over, and I exhaustedly sank on the wet pitch after a long training session.

"Princesa, everything okay?" Mapi asked quietly, kneeling next to me.

I nodded firmly, tilting my head to the left to look  into the blonde's worrying eyes. "Yes, of course. I'm just exhausted."

"I would be too after scoring two goals last night" Mapi laughed, her hand gently running up and down my back. "Lucy and Keira had some explaining to do to their former Manchester City teammates."

As of now, Lucy was still living in Barcelona with Keira, but the latter had confined in me that she might have to return to England for her rehabilitation. Understandably, it was a difficult time for both of them as Keira wanted to stay here.

Nevertheless, a small giggle escaped my mouth as I leaned my head against the defender's shoulder. "But I just couldn't get past Jana today" I complained annoyed.

"Do you wanna practice some more?" Mapi wondered, always wanting more.

Luckily, I was the same and nodded enthusiastically, jumping back up to race Mapi to other side of the pitch.

Almost 45 minutes later, we finally finished our little extra session and went back to the now almost empty changing room, only Laura and Ingrid were still getting ready to leave, the latter raising her eyebrow at the sight of us entering together.

"Adiós" she mumbled, hastily throwing her belongings into a neon pink sports bag.

"Warte auf mich! ("Wait for me!") " Laura called out, taking advantage of the fact that Ingrid still knew some German from her days back at Wolfsburg. "Adiós chicas!" The German shouldered her backpack to run after the tall Norwegian, leaving Mapi and me alone in the room.

"I didn't know they were friends" I said confusedly, following the pair with my eyes until they were long gone as I pulled my jersey over my head.

"Me neither" Mapi shrugged unbothered. "But Guiris stick together."

"Hey! I'm one too in case you forgot" I laughed, wrapping my now almost fully naked body in a towel. "But honestly, I don't think they're truly happy here."

"I know Ingrid isn't" the blonde sighed, grabbing a towel for herself. "She isn't recognized for her talent here and quite frankly, our midfield is oversaturated so she doesn't even get many minutes. Meanwhile, we're seriously lacking in defense, but all Jonatan does is recruiting new Midfielders." Mapi let out a little ironic laugh, but I could tell it was seriously bothering her, making me wonder if she still thought I didn't belong here. It was clear that she thought Ingrid belonged here which caused my stupid heart to ache in jealousy.

"Mhm" I murmured, hastily grabbing my shower utensils from my locker.

Just as I spun around, Mapi firmly grabbed my arm, causing my towel to drop to the floor.

"Hey! What the fuck?" I protested loudly, but the defender didn't seem to plan on letting go of my arm any time soon, leaving me standing in the locker room in nothing but my underwear.

"Princesa, just because I don't agree with Jonatan in general doesn't mean that I don't think you're a great addition to the team, okay? I'm happy that you're here." the Zaragoza native reassured me, her free hand finding her way to my face.