Chapter 10 - team bonding

A/N: let me know if you want me to change the German part and enjoy this long chapter;)

*

"Sag diesem Idiot, er soll schneller fahren."("Tell that idiot to drive faster") Laura demanded, pressing the car horn again.

"Laura, nicht jeder fährt 80 km/h in einer 50er Zone. Wir sind eh schon zu spät. " ("Laura, not everyone drives 80 km/h in the 50 zone. We're late anyway") I laughed and leaned back in the passenger seat.

Thanks to the white Mercedes, Laura was forced to follow the traffic regulations for the first time since she'd picked me up and I finally felt safe.

"Ich glaube, dort ist es." ("I think it's right over there.") Laura completely ignored my comment and steered her car into the next parking space.

The area where Mapi's apartment was located was actually not too far from the subway station she had accompanied me to. Old, colorful houses rose up into the air and the streets seemed deserted, even though we were in the middle of the city.

I whistled through my teeth. "Nicht schlecht" ("Not bad.")

"Mapi verdient mehr als wir uns vorstellen können." ("Mapi earns more than what we even dare to imagine") Laura laughed, getting out of the car and slamming the door.

We walked to a house at the end of the street and Laura pressed the doorbell. A loud hum sounded as a sign that we were being let in.

"Why isn't there an elevator here?" I grumbled as we climbed up to the third floor.

"This is free training, stop complaining" Mapi's voice sounded from the floor above us.

"But I'm not getting paid" Laura complained in her bad Spanish, to which Mapi let out a loud laugh.

She awaited us, standing in the door, with her arms crossed, letting her gaze slowly wander over the both of us. "My apartment could get used to this view" she winked, visibly drunk. "If all Germans look like this, I need to talk to Jonatan about recruiting more of you."

Laura poked her in the side. "Save your flirting skills for someone who cares."

I suddenly remembered my nick name for Mapi. Snow whore. It definitely suited her.

"Can I offer you something to drink?"

Mapi led us through a small corridor with high walls into her living room. On the left there was an enormous black sofa, on which I spotted Lucy, Keira and Ingrid, all with red plastic cups in their hands. The kitchen was located right next to the living room with the two rooms being divided by a little built in bar.

Laura grabbed a beer and immediately disappeared onto the balcony, leaving me alone with Mapi.

"Well, what can you offer?"

"Anything your heart desires." Mapi pointed to the kitchen where she had seemingly set up her own little bar. She handed me a stack of cards with cocktail recipes. "I got this on purpose. I'm the barista here today" she announced proudly. "There's caipirinha, mojito, piña colada..."

"Then I'll have a piña colada. Can I help you with something?"

Frowning, Mapi looked at the recipe. "No, no. It can't be that hard, right?"

"Have you ever done this before?"

"A cocktail or a piña colada?"

"Uhm... a Piña Colada?"

"Well, actually... neither." Mapi chuckled and poured herself a red liquid from a glass bottle.

I pointed to it. "What's that?"