Chapter 16 - the engagement party (Part 2)

I couldn't believe Mapi was making out with the Leah Williamson. Not wanting to witness this any longer, I hastily turned around in an attempt to go back inside, but in my hurry, I walked right into a small table standing on the balcony.

"Ay, puta madre" I scolded loudly, which obviously alerted the two love birds behind me.

Fuck.

"Emilia?" An unknown English voice asked.

Confused, I turned around and starred right into Jordan's face, Leah's arm still resting on her shoulders.

"What the... wait. You two?" I exclaimed, my heartbeat slowly going back to normal.

"You didn't know?" Leah laughed, her cheeks blushing slightly. "We've been dating for 6 years!"

"But... but Mapi" I stuttered embarrassedly, sounding like the biggest idiot on the whole planet.

Jordan raised an eyebrow, inspecting me closely. "What about Mapi?"

"I thought you were her" I admitted, covering my face with my hand in embarrassment. This whole situation just couldn't get any worse.

Meanwhile, Leah and Jordan both burst out laughing.

"It's not funny" I complained, my lips however were forming the tiniest smile.

"Well, would it matter if it was Mapi instead of Jordan?" The English captain wondered curiously.

I starred at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"She wants to know if you like Mapi" Jordan intervened. The mere thought of them thinking that caused me to laugh.

If there really was someone I fancied, Leah would be my first choice, but I couldn't really tell Jordan that.

"No, definitely not. I just thought it was her because she has a reputation" I tried to explain myself while thinking of a way to get out of this awkward situation, but the two of them weren't going to let me go any time soon.

"Any other special someone in your life then?" The small midfielder curiously asked.

My thoughts shifted to Antonia. "I'm kinda seeing someone, but it's nothing serious. I don't do relationships" I shrugged, instantly realizing it made me seem just as bad as Mapi.

"Are they a footballer as well?" Leah asked, leaning her head against Jordan. Honestly, I had to admit that they were a beautiful couple. How did I not see that at dinner?

Just when I wanted to reply, I felt a strong arm around my shoulder.

"¿Quién es una futbolista?"

"Mapi, English! And no one" I blushed.

"Me llamaste Mapi" She noted excitedly, completely ignoring the fact that Leah and Jordan couldn't understand a word she was saying.

"Yes, I called you Mapi and now speak English!" I laughed.

"I'm sorry, princess" Mapi grinned and gave me a little kiss on my cheek.

"You smell like wine and you're drunk" I complained. "How am I supposed to get home now?"

Mapi stopped in her movement, seemingly trying to come up with a solution. Suddenly, her eyes lit up.

"It's no problem, you can stay at my apartment" She offered proudly as if she just had found a cure to cancer.

Leah, Jordan and I burst out laughing.

"And how do you suggest we get to your apartment, María León?" I questioned her, still laughing.