Chapter 36 Shopping Spree

It was a busy time for Kagome and Bruce. Not only were they working with Tony and FRIDAY on designing their house and the nursery, but they were trying to convince Tony that they didn't need something too extravagant. Tony argued that the couple could end up having more children and would require the space. Finally, the couple agreed with Tony and let him design a large house if he'd make it to their taste. Bruce decided to supervise.

While that was happening, Pepper and Kagome were busy organizing the wedding. Emiko and Souta were flown in from Japan to help with the preparations, though Souta spent most of his time with Bruce and Tony. As Kagome's maid of honor, Pepper wanted Kagome to have her dream wedding, and according to Tony, they were to spare no expense, even if it was going to be a small event.

The three women went to the bridal shop to find a wedding gown for Kagome. She tried on several dresses until Kagome found the perfect form-fitting gown. She modeled the dress for her mother and Pepper, and they agreed it was perfect. After that, Kagome insisted that Pepper get a bride's maids to dress. Kagome and Pepper decided on a form-fitting lavender dress that looked fantastic on Pepper.

After that, the women went to have lunch, and Pepper suggested they go to a caterer to pick out the menu for the reception and the wedding cake

After that, the women went to have lunch, and Pepper suggested they go to a caterer to pick out the menu for the reception and the wedding cake. Once they finished their lunch, Happy drove Kagome, Pepper, and Emiko to the caterer that Pepper usually used for Tony's parties. He was happy to help with whatever he could and told them everything would be ready for whenever Kagome and Bruce chose the wedding date. The couple had yet to discuss when they wanted to get married; they only knew that they wanted to get married soon.

After a full day of shopping and planning, the women headed back to the Avenger's Compound. Kagome was so tired that she barely said goodbye to Pepper and her mom and went straight to her suite. Pepper told her that when the dresses arrived, she would keep them with her so that Bruce wouldn't see the wedding gown; Kagome agreed.

Kagome entered her home and went straight to her bedroom. She threw herself on the bed and cuddled with Bruce's pillow, and fell asleep. A couple of hours later, Kagome was awakened by the sweet kisses of her fiance as Bruce kissed her shoulders.

Kagome hummed, “Mmm, that feels nice.”

“Did you have a nice day shopping, sweetheart?” Bruce asked.

Kagome rolled over to face Bruce and kissed him, “Yes, but it was so tiring trying on all of those wedding gowns, then finding a dress for Pepper, and finally coordinating the food for the reception. I desperately needed a nap when we got home.”

Bruce placed a hand on her flat belly and smiled into the kiss, “You deserve it, Sweetheart. Why don't you go back to sleep, and I'll start dinner?”

Kagome caught Bruce's hand as he stood, “Why don't we both take a nap and worry about dinner later?”

Bruce grinned, then crawled into bed with Kagome and spooned behind her, placing a hand on her tummy, and sighed, “I like your idea better.”

Kagome hummed and snuggled back into Bruce as his arm tightened around her. They closed their eyes and were soon asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY IT'S SO SHORT, BUT I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS BETTER THAN NOTHING. I HOPE NEXT TIME WILL BE LONGER AND WON'T TAKE AS LONG.