Chapter 26 Dinner With Bucky

As soon as Kagome sat down at her desk her phone started ringing. She quickly picked up the phone.

"Taisho Industries, this is Kagome Higurashi."

"Imouto, it is undignified that you answer your own telephone, shall I have a secretary assigned to you."

"Nii-san! No, it isn't there's usually someone doing it for me at the office in New York, but I'm up earlier. What can I do for you?"

"My spies have swept your office and have found no listening devices. They will be doing that on a regular basis, as it seems you have caught the attention of a certain master spy."

"Oh, that, yes it would appear that Miss Romanoff is not very fond of me, and I can only imagine why."

"Yes, apparently the Black Widow has feelings for Dr. Banner."

"Black Widow?"

"That is her codename, Imouto, from what I have gathered over the years she is a formidable opponent, you will need to be cautious around her.

"I'm not worried about her, Nii-San."

"You should be. It may come down to you showing her you're not as weak as she thinks you are and that you can defend what is yours."

"You think she'll try to take Bruce from me."

"Yes."

Kagome's eyebrow ticks. "That's not going to happen."

Sesshomaru smirks on his end of the line. "I know it won't. I must be going now, Imouto, get to work."

"Yes, of course, Lord Sesshomaru, right away."

Sesshomaru smirked then up the phone.

Kagome was busy all morning working on business deals for Taisho industries, but when she looked up she noticed that it was almost noon. She got up from her seat and made her way down to the lab where Bruce was working. As she was walking she ran into Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. Kagome gave them both bright smiles that Steve returned Natasha gave her a fake smile.

"Where you off to, Kagome," Steve asked.

"I'm going to get Bruce from the lab, it's lunchtime."

Natasha scoffed. "Let me tell you a little something about Bruce, Kagome, he doesn't like to be disturbed when he's working. By anyone."

Kagome put her finger to her lip, "Huh, maybe that's when you knew him, but for the last two years, Bruce and I have always gone to lunch. Or maybe it could have been the person that was interrupting him that was the problem," Kagome said with a smile.

Natasha scowled at her, Steve cleared his throat and put a hand on Natasha, "Enjoy your lunch, Kagome," Then he gently started steering Natasha away.

The doors to the lab opened causing Tony and Bruce to look up, Bruce smiled when he saw Kagome.

"Ready for lunch, Bruce," Kagome asked as she kissed him on the lips.

"Oh we don't- Tony was about to say.

"Yes, I am, Tony would you like to join us for lunch?"

"Are you serious, you're going to lunch," Tony asked.

"Yeah, Kagome and I go to lunch every day."

"Well, if that's the case, sure why not, let's go into the City, we can pick up Pepper."

They ended up going to Stark Industries, Pepper was so shocked to see Tony out of the lab that she instantly agreed to go to lunch with them. They went to a nice bistro nearby and had a nice lunch. After lunch, Kagome decided that since she was in the city she would work from the office and see Bruce later for dinner.