Chapter 23 Lazy Sunday

Bruce and Kagome worked the rest of the afternoon unpacking their belongings. They worked well into the evening until finally, they had finished. Once they had everything put away, Kagome made them a simple dinner then they curled up on the sofa and talked about how the day went and what the future might bring.

While they did that, Natasha was in her room fuming. She was pacing her room wondering how that slip of a girl was able to control Hulk when she couldn't.

"I've known Hulk longer, he should have listened to me not her," Natasha said to herself.

"You know, talking to yourself isn't a good sign, Tasha," Clint said as he came into the room.

"Shut up, Barton."

"What's got your panties in a twist?"

"That girl, Kagome, I don't get it, how was she able to calm Hulk down so easily? That used to be something only I could do."

"Well, not anymore. Look Bruce was gone for two years, a lot can change in that time period. And apparently it has, Bruce doesn't need to be angry to change anymore."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, when we were playing hide and seek, Hulk was very happy and playful, he wasn't in the least bit angry. Then when he decided it was time for Bruce to come back, he just walked into the woods with a bag and Bruce came out fully dressed. So it's obvious that Bruce has got a handle on this now, and I'm pretty sure Kagome has something to do with it."

"You think she's somehow controlling Hulk?"

"No, I don't, they just have a good relationship. He's very affectionate with her."

At those words, Natasha unconsciously tightened her jaw, but it did not go unnoticed by her partner.

"You're not jealous, are you," Clint asked.

"Of course not, why would I be jealous?"

"Because you have feelings for Bruce and now he's here but with someone else."

"No."

"Okay, but if you need to talk, I'm here for you, Tasha," Clint said as he heads for the door.

"Hey, Clint?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

Clint simply nods and walks out.

Natasha sat down on her bed, she still didn't trust Kagome, there was something not right about her.

In another part of the Compound, Bucky was sitting in his room in the dark contemplating Kagome and Bruce. Could they really help him, why would they want to in the first place? If they knew half of the things he had done they would despise him. But on the other hand, Kagome seems very genuine about wanting to help him and so did Bruce.

He had never met two people who unselfishly wanted to help him. There was Steve, but even Steve had his ulterior motives too whether he knew it or not. Steve wanted his best friend back because he too needed a friend, a connection to his past. Bucky also thought that maybe Steve felt that he owed him for all the time Bucky saved him as a kid. Kagome and Bruce didn't want anything from him and that was refreshing.

As Bucky sat in the dark, the idea of talking with Kagome and Bruce started to become more and more appealing to him. He would just have to keep this away from Steve, he didn't need Steve mother-henning him to death.

"I'll have to give it some more thought," Bucky said to himself

He then gets up gets ready for bed and goes to sleep. It was the first time in a very long time that Bucky did not have nightmares and slept peacefully.