Chapter 17 Science Bros

Bruce begins choking on his food and Kagome has to pat him on the back to get him to stop coughing.

"What do you mean come back to the Avengers, I hadn't actually thought about it."

"Well, I don't see why you haven't, you've found a cure for cancer, it's going to clinical trials, you have nothing else to do, what else are you going to do?"

"What do you mean 'what else am I going to do,' there are a lot of things I can do. I have a ton of research to do, I oversee the clinical trials on the medication."

Tony pursed his lips, "Yeah, but do you really want to do that, don't you miss the action the excitement, the danger?!"

"The danger, no"

"Ah ha, but you do miss the action and the excitement."

Kagome looks at Bruce, "Do you, Bruce?"

"What? No, I don't miss that, I'm very happy with my life with you."

"Bruce, it's okay if you miss that kind of excitement, I miss it too sometimes."

At hearing that, Tony raises an eyebrow, wondering what Kagome meant by that.

"Even if I did miss it, I can't leave my research, I can't leave Taisho Industries."

Kagome turns in her chair and takes Bruce's hands, "Bruce, you don't need to be here for the clinical trials, the team can handle that. And whenever they do need you, you can always fly back or do the research from our office in New York. All I want is for you to be happy, and if being an Avenger makes you happy then I support you."

"What about you, and your work?"

"I can easily transfer to the New York office without any fuss, Sesshomaru won't mind at all as long as I don't leave the company."

"You would do that for me," Bruce asked.

"Of course I would, I love you."

"Oh, Kagome, I love you too."

They lean it towards each other and kiss, Tony just sits there with a triumphant look on his face. He suddenly claps his hands causing the lovebirds to jump and break apart, Bruce glares at Tony who only gives him a cheeky grin.

"So does that mean I get my science bro back?"

Bruce looks at Kagome, who nods, "Yeah, I guess it does, we need to talk to Sesshomaru first, but I don't see a problem with that."

Tony leaps out of the chair and pumps his fist, "Alright, I knew you'd see it my way. I'll get everything set up at the compound, Buddy, you and Kagome will have your own housing unit separate from everyone else. Totally state of the art, you won't be lacking in anything. I'll have your lab fully stocked with whatever you need."

"Whoa wait a minute, Tony, I don't know if I can work at the compound and still work for Sesshomaru. Kagome and I may need to live in the city to be close to her work."

Tony thought for a moment, then snapped his finger, "The Quinjet, you guys can use the Quinjet to get to and from work."

Kagome and Bruce look at each other, "How about I ask Sesshomaru if you and he can partner up on this research and if I can work from the compound, only going into the office when I need to?"

"You think he'd go for that, I've been trying to partner up with Sesshomaru Taisho for years, but he doesn't like me," Tony tells her.

"No he doesn't like you, Tony, but he does like Bruce and me, so he might just do it for us. Plus I just happen to be his heiress."

Tony's eyes widen and his mouth falls open, "You're his heiress, you're THAT Kagome."

Kagome rolls her eyes, "Yes, I'm THAT Kagome, Tony."

"Damn, Bruce, you sure know how to pick them."

"Shut up, Tony," Bruce says with an exasperated sigh.

"Well, now that that's settled how about we finish dinner, good Oden, by the way."

They settle back down and finished their dinner, Tony started talking to Bruce about the projects that he was involved with, the new technology he was looking into to improve his suits. Bruce listened attentively, hardly ever interrupting Tony. He could tell that Tony missed talking to someone that was on the same intellectual level as himself, so he let the genius ramble for a while. In the meantime, Kagome got up and made coffee and brought some dessert for the men. She too could tell that Tony missed his best friend terribly so she didn't mind that Tony had monopolized all of Bruce's attention.

When dessert was finally eaten and the coffee finished, Tony got up and thanked his hosts for a lovely evening. Bruce and Kagome walked Tony to the front door, Tony and Bruce hugged and he shook Kagome's hand. Tony opened the door to leave but paused.

"You know, I had no intention of coming to the Stark Expo this year. After everything that happened I wasn't feeling up to it, but now I'm glad I did. I got my best friend back and met the love of his life. Thank you, Kagome for taking good care of him."

"It's been my pleasure, Tony," Kagome tells him

Tony suddenly smirks, "Oh, I bet it has. Let me know what Sesshomaru tells you and we'll go from there, night all."

With that, Tony saunters out of Bruce and Kagome's apartment whistling a happy tune. Kagome closes the door and looks at Bruce.

"Your friend is very strange."

"Yeah he is, but he means well, come on I'll help you clean up and then we can go to bed. Tomorrow we need to go talk to Sesshomaru, hopefully, he won't kill me for trying to take you away."

"I hope he won't either, I would miss you."

Bruce pulls Kagome flush against his body, "Very funny, you know what, let's clean up tomorrow, I would much rather take my lovely girlfriend to bed."

"What a wonderful idea, Dr. Banner."

"Why, thank you very much, Ms. Higurashi."

Bruce sweeps her up in his arms and takes her upstairs.