Chapter 10 First Day of Work

Bruce and Kagome had one more meditation session where Hulk was allowed to come out and play with Kagome for a while before they went to bed that night. Kagome explained to Hulk what was going on and that he should only come out if Bruce was in mortal danger and only to protect him, not to go on a rampage. Hulk agreed and, of course, Bruce heard everything. He was very happy that now he had better control over the Other Guy and that he could finally lead a semi-normal life.

Kagome did recommend that he not keep longer than normal business hours as far as in the lab. She was pretty sure that all the time that Bruce would spend cooped up in the lab also added to Hulks anger. Because he was trapped too long in Bruce's body. That was going to be a bit difficult for Bruce, considering that when he got involved with something he tended to forget about everything else.

"Don't worry, Bruce, I'll make sure you eat regularly and go home on time since you and I will be sharing a car home every night."

Bruce blushes, "What do you mean?"

"Well Tokyo is such a busy city, I normally have a driver take me to and from work, it saves me the stress of driving myself or taking the train. So I thought we would just share my car." Kagome explains.

"That would be just fine, Kagome, what time do I need to get up?"

"We need to leave by 6:00 to be there by 8:00, morning traffic can be brutal so I'd say around 5 am, though you can sleep in the car if you like."

Bruce agreed, once their plans her settled, they all had dinner and head for bed. By the time Bruce was up showered and changed, Kagome and Emiko were downstairs with breakfast ready.

"What time did you get up," Bruce asks.

"I got up at 4:30, my mom wanted to make sure we both had a good breakfast for our first day of work."

"That's very kind of you, Emiko, but you don't have to go through all that trouble."

"It's no trouble, now hurry and eat your breakfast, before you run out of time."

Kagome and Bruce sat down to breakfast with Emiko, when they were finished Kagome collected their plates and was going to do the dishes, but her mother told her to leave them. Once they were ready Kagome went upstairs and grabs her briefcase and a gift for Bruce. She smiles and heads downstairs.

Meeting Bruce at the door, they walk down the steps of the shrine together, with Kagome holding onto his arm. When they get to the bottom of the steps there is a driver already waiting for them. Bruce opens the door for Kagome and helps her get in, his eyes linger on her legs as she gets in. He clears his throat then gets into the car. Once they settle in and put their seatbelts on, the driver leaves. Kagome opens her briefcase and hands, Bruce, his gift.

"I got this for you when Sesshomaru first told me that he wanted to hire you."

"Oh, Kagome you didn't have to get me anything, you've given so much as it is."

"I wanted to, please accept it."

Bruce sighs and opens the gift, it's a black messenger bag with his initials on it when he opens the bag there is a nicely pressed white lab coat, with his name sewn above the pocket. He shakes out the coat and whatever wrinkles on it disappear.

"It's wrinkle-free, you never have to press it," Kagome explains.

"Thank you, Kagome, they're lovely gifts, I appreciate it."

What Kagome didn't tell him was that it was Youkai made so it was fireproof just in case. They sat in comfortable silence while the driver drove them through Tokyo. While Bruce stares out the window, Kagome starts to slowly fall asleep. She leans her head against Bruce's shoulder and begins to fall asleep. Bruce smiles at the sight of Kagome asleep on his shoulder, he wraps an arm around her and holds her tight. Feeling at peace he lays his head on Kagome's and closes his eyes, falling into a light slumber.