Chapter 11 The Long Awaited Kiss

Kagome was stunned silent, she couldn't believe that Bruce liked her like that. She had been hoping that he did, but it was still a shock to have it confirmed by Hulk. And what did he mean that Bruce wanted to have her as his mate? Did he mean that Bruce wanted to go out with her, and more importantly how did Hulk know that anyway?

"Hulk, how do you know that Bruce wants me as his mate?"

Hulk gave her another cheeky grin and shrugs.

Kagome narrows her eyes at Hulk, "You're just teasing me aren't you?"

His grin becomes wider, but he shakes his head no.

Kagome shakes her head, "Well let's not talk about that right now, how about we play a game?"

Hulk nods, so Kagome shows him how to play hide and seek, which really wasn't fair considering that Hulk could smell wherever Kagome hid, but he enjoyed it anyway. After about an hour, Kagome asks him to let Bruce come back and to give him the memories of what happened. But Hulk was a sneaky fellow, he only gave Bruce the memories of them playing, not the memories of the conversation they had. So when Bruce came to and saw what had happened he thought it was cute that they played hide and seek, though he did feel a twinge of jealousy at seeing Hulk hugging Kagome. After that, Kagome hands Bruce some clothes and leaves the clearing so he can get dressed. He calls for her to come back once he's dressed and they walk back to the house together to go have dinner and go to bed.

The next day when they got to work, Bruce went straight away into interviewing potential lab associates to assist him in his research. The interviews were long and in-depth, Bruce was being as thorough as he possibly could. Of course, at noon Kagome came to get him for lunch. They had a lovely time, he told her how his interviews were going and that he was slowly narrowing the field down as to how many employees he wanted in his lab. She told him about the business meetings she was having with several companies about looking into more clean energy for Japan.

"You know you should really talk to Pepper Potts about partnering with Stark Industries, they were the only ones looking into clean energy when I was living with them." Bruce states.

"Oh we are, Sesshomaru has an office in New York as well, Shippou will be leaving soon to have a meeting with Ms. Potts about that. And don't worry, Bruce, we know about Mr. Starks habit of hacking into other company's to get information, he's been trying to for years to do that to us but can't. So he won't find out about you being here."

Bruce visibly relaxes, "Thank goodness."

They finish up their lunch and head back to the office where Bruce continues on with his interviews. He ends up hiring 15 scientists, setting them up at their own workstations and getting the research he wants to do organized so he can start the next day. After setting everything up it was time to go home.

And that's how it went, every day, Kagome and Bruce would go to work together. Bruce would through himself into his research for new cancer treatment or a cure. Every afternoon Kagome would come and retrieve Bruce for lunch and every evening at 6:00 she would come to get him to take him home, though sometimes he would protest. Then they would get home, head out to the forest and try to get Bruce to let Hulk into his mind. Sometimes Hulk would get a glimpse but it wouldn't last long. Most of the time their time in the forest resulted in Hulk coming out to play around with Kagome. They never talked about what Hulk had mentioned again.

On the weekends, Kagome and Bruce would go out together, they would go shopping for more clothes for Bruce, or to the movies or see Kabuki theatre. Sometimes they would go to the shrines, or the local gardens, the point was they would always spend time together. It got to the point that when they walked around they would hold hands and not even realize it they were just that comfortable with each other.