Chapter 21 Hide and Seek

While Bruce and Kagome are enjoying their shower together, Natasha was sitting around with the rest of the Avengers waiting for the food to arrive. They were all sitting in silence until Sam finally broke the tension.

"Well, that was an unexpected turn of events."

"Yeah, I was definitely not expecting Bruce to show up with a girlfriend young enough to be his daughter, that's something Tony would have done," Clint said as he twirled one of his arrows.

"She may be younger than him but I've never seen Bruce look so happy," Steve commented.

"Yeah, they actually look good together," Rhodey added.

"I don't like her," Natasha mumbles.

"You don't like anyone, but Clint," Sam tells her and receives a death glare.

"She seems like a nice person."

"Who seems like a nice person?" Wanda asks as she and Vision enter the living room.

Everyone turned to look at them and Clint suddenly realized that Bruce wasn't very fond of the Scarlet Witch.

"Oh shit, I forgot all about you."

"Gee, thank you very much, Clint," Wanda said.

"I didn't mean it that way, I meant that we might have a problem," Clint looked at his watch, "In I'd say 30 minutes."

"Why is that, Clint," Vision asked.

It suddenly dawned on Steve what Clint was talking about, "Damn, maybe you shouldn't be here right now, Wanda."

"Why don't you guys want me here, what's going on?"

"Bruce is back, he just got back a little while ago."

Wanda's eyes widen, "Oh."

"Nah, it should be okay," Tony said as he and Pepper come into the living room.

"How do you know that, Tony," Rhodey asked.

"Oh, I just have a feeling that everything will be just fine."

"We can't go on a feeling, Tony, what if Bruce sees Wanda and goes code green?" Steve asked.

"Not gonna happen," Tony said confidently.

"How do you know?"

"I just do, trust me on this."

"I don't think-"

At that moment Bruce and Kagome come into the living room, the whole team turned to look at Bruce to see his reaction when he saw Wanda. Bruce looked at everyone then at Kagome.

"What's going on, why are you all staring at me?"

That's when he noticed Steve trying to casually stand in front of Wanda with Vision standing next to her.

"Oh, you're here."

The tension was so thick in the room you could cut it with a knife, they were all waiting for Hulk to make an appearance, well, except Tony. Bruce pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

"Look, I'm not going to go code green just because she's here. If you all let her on the team I can accept that I don't like it, but I can accept it. I have no hard feeling towards you anymore, Miss Maximoff."

Everyone sighed out in relief, Wanda smiles at Bruce, but Bruce frowns.

"Just because I have no hard feelings, doesn't mean I like you. Maybe with time, that will change, but for now, I just don't. But you have nothing to worry about with Hulk."