Chapter 28 Battle of the Bitches

When they finished lunch, they all headed back to the compound, Kagome asks Tony and Bucky what they were going to do for the rest of the afternoon.

"Well, Pepper had an emergency meeting so I thought I'd go work in my lab for a while."

"And I thought I'd go spar with Steve," Bucky tells Kagome.

"Oh, well, care to spar with me instead," Kagome asks. Bucky hesitates,

"Are you sure you can handle it?"

"Bucky, I was trained by a demon slayer and a Demon Lord, I can handle whatever you throw at me."

"What about Bruce?"

"What about me," Bruce asked.

"Won't Hulk get upset if Kagome gets hurt and come out," Bucky asked. 

"No, I can just tell him that she's training and that she's not in any danger, he should be okay."

"Then you're going to stay and watch," Kagome asked Bruce.

"Yeah, I was going to take a nap, but I'd rather watch this."

"You know what, me too. This sounds way more entertaining than working in the lab," Tony said.

"Great, then let's head down to the training room right now. "They make their way into the compound and down to the gym where Steve is working on the heavy bag and Clint and Natasha are sparring on the mats. Steve smiles when he sees Bucky come in with Kagome, Bruce, and surprisingly Tony as well.

"Hey, Buddy, where have you been all morning?"

"I was around," Bucky answered vaguely.

Steve slightly frowned at Bucky's answer, "Hey, so do you want to work out or something?"

"Actually, I was going to spar with Kagome."

Steve's eyes quickly flash to Bruce, "Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not," Bucky said.

"Well, what about..."

"If you think I'll go Code Green, Steve, you don't have to worry, I already explained to Hulk that Kagome is just training, she's not in any danger. Hulk is nice and calm, he's actually looking forward to seeing Kagome spar," Bruce said.

"He is," Steve asked.

"Boy, you really got a handle on this, don't you, Big Guy?" Clint asked.

"Yeah, Clint, Hulk and I get along just fine."

"Yeah, yeah, Big Green and Science Bro are muy simpatico now, but that's not why I came down here. I came down here to watch Ice Queen and Kaggy spar, so get on with it." Tony said.

"Okay, let's get started then," Kagome says happily.

She and Bucky take Clint and Natasha's place on the mats. They both get into defensive positions and start circling each other. Kagome waits for Bucky to make the first move. He throws a punch and she dodges it, she does the same and he catches her arm and forces her down onto the mat. Kagome quickly gets to her feet and they start circling again.

As they throw punches and kicks, Clint and Natasha watch on. Natasha shakes her head, "Bucky is hesitating, he doesn't want to hurt her so he's pulling his punches and is going as slow as he possibly can."

Clint nods, "I noticed that too."

They continue to watch until Natasha can't take it anymore, "Stop, stop, this is ridiculous. Bucky, you're pulling your punches and fighting like an amateur. How is she going to learn anything like that?"