Chapter 29 Suspicion Or Jealousy?

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT!

Steve helped Natasha to the infirmary and sat her down on the exam table. A little while later Helen Cho comes in. She's startled to see Natasha so banged up.

"My goodness, what happened to you?"

Natasha glared at the doctor, "I got my ass handed to me during a spar."

"By whom?"

"Bruce's little girlfriend, Kagome."

"You're joking did you let her win?"

"No, but I lost my cool and she took advantage of it."

"Wow, is it just your face or was there any other damage," Helen asked.

"She did keep jabbing me with her fingers, I maybe bruised from that."

"Hmm, it sounds like she was hitting your pressure points, but not hard enough to bring you down, just enough for the pain to eventually add up."

"You mean she could have paralyzed Natasha just by hitting her pressure points?" Steve asked.

"Yes, it's an ancient form of martial arts that are rarely taught these days. If you don't know what you're doing you could kill someone," Helen said as she took a swab and started cleaning Natasha's face of all the blood.

She examined her nose to see if it was broken and determined that it wasn't. After she cleaned off the blood she applied some ointment on Natasha's face and used some butterfly stitches on the cut that Natasha had on her right cheek. She then had Natasha change into a gown so she could examine the other bruises. Steve excused himself from the room.

"I'll wait outside."

Natasha nodded.

Once she had changed, Helen looked her over, "Yep, she was definitely going for your pressure points. But she was only hitting you hard enough to bruise. There really isn't anything we can do for the bruising, let me give you some medication for the pain."

"No, that's alright."

"At least take put some ice on your face, it will help with the swelling."

Helen went and got an ice pack and handed it to Natasha after she changed back into her clothes. Steve came in with a sweatshirt so Natasha didn't have to wear a bloody t-shirt.

"Here I brought you this."

"Thanks."

Steve turned around while Natasha changed shirts. When she finished changing she tapped Steve's shoulder.

"Okay, Steve I'm ready let's go."

With that, Natasha walked out of the infirmary with Steve following behind. They walked for a little while in silence until Steve broached the subject about the sparring.

"Well, that was an interesting sparring match."

"Yes, wasn't though?" Natasha said as she held the ice pack to her face.

"What are you thinking, Nat."

"Where did a girl like Kagome learn an ancient martial art technique like that, and why would she have to in the first place?"

"Maybe it runs in her family and is past down?"

"Could be."

"But you're not buying that are you, Nat?"

"No, I'm not. There has to be more to it than that. I get the distinct impression that Miss Higurashi isn't telling us the whole truth about herself."