Chapter 09: The after festival

After hearing the unexpected declaration made by his best friend, Izuku ran to search for her

     After hearing the unexpected declaration made by his best friend, Izuku ran to search for her. Dodging other students into the stadium's backstage, he looked in every room but she isn't anywhere, making him panic. While running around, Izuku bumped into someone.

"Mr. Aizawa! Did you see Kana? I'm not finding her anywhere!" the boy asked panting.

"Calm down, Midoriya, she's fine. Recovery Girl called me saying she's sleeping there. C'mon."

     Izuku nodded, following the oldest to the lowest floors. When they got into the infirmary, both sighed in relief at seeing Kana safe and back to her normal self. Recovery Girl welcomed them.

"Well, our fox just came here after the ceremony and told me that 'Kana is asleep', then laid down. As she was completely relaxed, her appearance slowly changed back. No injuries or bruises, Kana is only sleeping now."

"Kana must be exhausted..." Izuku commented, admiring her, his fingers delicately moving some strands of hair from her face. Recovery Girl smirked at his caring eyes, not failing to notice how he was trying to be subtle about his touch.

"Hmm... I see... Aizawa, let's walk out a bit, we need to talk." the man didn't even question, following the old lady outside. Oblivious to her intentions.

     Izuku stayed close to the litter, timidly touching the girl's hand now. 'You almost gave me a heart attack today, Kana...', he drifted for a while but the sound of the door behind him opening got his attention.

"Ka-Kacchan?? What-"

"No shit, deku! Yes, is me and I'm here. Ugh!" the boy put his hands inside his pockets, walking closer to check if the girl sleeping is better. "Why Foxie is here?"

"I think Kana was too exhausted and Kurama just brought her here to rest, next to someone she can trust." he eyed the blonde sideways, questioning. "I-I didn't think you care..."

"I don't! Just want to beat the shit out of that damn fox for making me #2." he groans in denial.

"Believe me, she did nothing back there, Kacchan..."

     With all the talking and screams from Bakugou, Kana started to wake from her slumber. Groaning, she hold her head and sat up. It's the first time she changes so many times in one day. Definitely never happened of going from Goddess to Demon in a blink.

"Kana! I was so worried... How are you feeling?!" Izuku helped her up, adjusting the pillows on her back.

"My head hurts. Gosh, everything is blurry and spinning. Change so many times is not a good thing for me, I see..." while Izuku holds her hand to give some comfort, Bakugou is seriously thinking.

"Kana." she looks up surprised at the blonde acknowledging her name for the first time. "What happened to you today?"

"Ahmn... Kacchan-"