Chapter 11

"Underestimate us
At your own risk."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

"What were you two thinking? Sneaking around the castle in the dead of night," Professor McGonagall scolded. "Detention for both of you, and twenty points from Slytherin house!"

Clarissa's heart pounded in her chest as the professor grabbed their arms and pulled them along the hallway. "But Professor, Potter and his friends have a dragon!" she exclaimed, hoping to explain their reckless behavior.

"Miss White, I expected such behavior from Mr. Malfoy, but you should know better. Making up lies and spouting nonsense is not how a Hogwarts student should conduct themselves," Professor McGonagall said, her disappointment evident in her tone. "I will discuss this with Professor Snape."

They were ushered into Snape's classroom, where the professor looked at them sternly. "Miss White, Mr. Malfoy, what were you doing sneaking around the castle at this hour?" he asked.

Clarissa's throat felt tight as she tried to explain. "We saw a dragon, Professor. Potter and his friends have hidden it. We had to investigate," she said, hoping to be believed.

Snape scoffed. "Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? A dragon hidden in Hogwarts?" he said, shaking his head.

"But it's true! We saw it with our own eyes," Draco protested, his voice firm.

Snape sighed. "I will look into this. In the meantime, both of you will serve detention for your disobedience. You may go back to bed now and say nothing more of this," he said, dismissing them with a wave of his hand.

Clarissa and Draco left, feeling a mixture of relief and frustration. They knew what they saw, and they couldn't understand why no one believed them. They went back to their common room and tried to get some rest, hoping that their actions wouldn't have any serious consequences.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

Several weeks had passed since the incident with the cursed necklace, and life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had returned to a state of relative normalcy. However, that changed one morning when both Draco Malfoy and Clarissa White received a letter summoning them to the entrance hall at 11pm for detention with Filch. The news was disappointing, to say the least, but what made it worse was that they would be serving it alongside the Golden Trio and Neville Longbottom, Gryffindors they had little love for.

As the clock ticked towards 11pm, Draco and Clarissa made their way to the entrance hall. When they arrived, they saw the looks of surprise and disapproval on the faces of the Gryffindors as they realized they would be serving detention with two Slytherins. Filch appeared, holding a lamp, and led them out of Hogwarts.

"Maybe you six will think twice about breaking the rules again," Filch said sternly as they walked.

"Too bad Hogwarts let the old punishment die out," he continued, a hint of malice in his voice. "They used to hang students by their wrists from the ceiling for days. If the school ever needs to use the old punishment again, they'll know where they can find me. In my office, where I still have the same old chains."

The group walked in silence around the dark grounds of the school, illuminated only by the bright, full moon overhead. They soon found themselves near Hagrid's hut, where they could hear the voice of the giant himself. Harry Potter and his friends were clearly excited to see him again, but Draco and Clarissa were less than pleased. Filch, however, seemed to relish in the discomfort of the students.