Chapter 1

"Looks like the innocent flower,
but be the serpent under it."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

Clarissa White was born into one of the most prestigious families in the Wizarding world: "The Whites" were known for their power and pure-blood status. The family had a long history of being sorted into Slytherin, and when Clarissa received her letter from Hogwarts, her family couldn't wait to see her carry on their legacy.

As they arrived at King's Cross Station, everyone turned to look at Joseph and Isabella, two of the most influential people in the wizarding world, accompanied by their daughter Clarissa. Despite their public behavior, the family was respected due to their connections and bloodline.

"Now, which house will you be sorted into?" Joseph asked, fearful that his daughter would be placed in a house like Gryffindor that might damage their legacy. Clarissa was brave, but her father knew that being sorted into Slytherin was crucial to maintaining their reputation.

"Of course, Slytherin, father. Just as you raised me to believe," Clarissa replied with a roll of her eyes. They had rehearsed this conversation for months.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady. I worked very hard to make sure that you ended up in Slytherin and didn't ruin our family's legacy," Joseph scolded, raising his voice. Despite his strictness, he loved Clarissa in his own way.

"For Merlin's sake, Joseph, Clarissa is still young. You don't need to raise your voice at her. Now, do you have everything you need? Your clothes? Your books?" Isabella asked, smoothing a strand of hair behind Clarissa's ear.

"Yes, mother, I have everything I need for Hogwarts, including my owl," Clarissa replied, smoothing the wrinkles from her skirt.

"Now, mark my words, no befriending mud-bloods or blood traitors. You must be in Slytherin to maintain our reputation. Think about what will happen if you are sorted into a house like Gryffindor. We'll have bad publicity, like that bloody Rita Skeeter," Joseph warned, staring straight into Clarissa's eyes, causing her heart to race. "Yes, father," she replied quietly.

As Clarissa boarded the train, she noticed that her parents had already left. "They always leave early and never have time for me," she whispered to herself, and a clear, tiny drop of liquid rolled down her face. She began searching for her childhood friend Draco, whom she had known since birth and considered almost like a sibling. But she couldn't find him anywhere on the train.

As she was searching, Clarissa noticed a red-haired boy with hand-me-down clothes, freckles all over his face, and rough hair. Instantly, she knew he was a Weasley.

After checking every cabin, Clarissa still hadn't found Draco. But then she noticed a pitch-dark figure approaching, and a faint scent of green apples and hair gel. It was obvious who it was.

"Draco!" Clarissa squealed, embracing her best friend tightly, almost squeezing him to death. She had missed him so much, especially since her parents were always too busy with the Ministry.

"You're still as short as ever, and your hair is so oily and dreadful," she teased.

"Excuse me, Father said I'm still growing, and he likes my hair like this. Which means I like it since it makes me look like a proper gentleman," Draco retorted, a little offended.

"Quickly, everyone was looking for you, Claire," Draco said, leading Clarissa to a cabin where Blaise and Theo were already seated. A few minutes later, there was this girl who had very bushy, haired and big teeth at the front. She had asked them if they had seen a toad. The frizzy hair girl's name was Hermione and she was a muggle or also a 'Mudblood' as what the prestigious purebloods had called muggles.