Chapter 47

"Yes, it's dangerous

that's why it's fun."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

 Clarissa cautiously approached Draco, who was lying on his bed with his head buried in a pillow, seemingly trying to hide from the world.  "Love, are you here?" she called out softly, hoping to get a response from him. There was a brief pause, and then she heard a muffled reply from the direction of the bed. She walked over and found Draco lying there with his eyes closed, seemingly lost in thought.

The ferret suddenly crawled onto Draco's chest and bit his finger, causing him to cry out in pain. "Oww, that thing bit me!" he exclaimed, shooting an angry glare at the ferret.

The ferret's resemblance to him quickly dawned on Draco, and he recoiled in terror. Memories of his recent encounter with Mad-Eye Moody, who had transfigured him into a ferret, flooded his mind. "GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" he yelled, trembling.

Clarissa tried to calm him down, explaining that the ferret was harmless and that it was just an unfortunate coincidence that it looked like him. However, Draco was inconsolable, and the mere sight of the ferret was enough to send him into a panic.

"Draco," she began, her voice gentle but firm. "I understand that this situation has brought up painful memories for you, and I am truly sorry for that. But taking your frustration out on an him is not the answer."

"Please, Draco," she continued. "Don't blame the ferret for what happened to you. He is harmless and meant no harm. And he is my pet, so I would appreciate it if you could show him some respect."

Draco finally looked up at her, his eyes full of anger and rage. "But every time I see him, I am reminded of what Moody did to me," he said.

"Why don't you write a letter to your father about this, Draco?" Clarissa said, her voice devoid of its earlier gentleness. "Remember what happened with Buckbeak last year? Perhaps you can use this to your advantage and get Professor Moody in trouble."

Draco's mind began to whirl with possibilities. He knew that his father and Professor Moody were not on good terms with one another, and this could be the perfect opportunity to turn the tables. However, he also knew that Madeye Moody was a highly skilled Auror who had captured many dangerous dark wizards in the past. It was a risky move, but perhaps it was worth it.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

Blaise, Clarissa, and Draco walked out of the Potions classroom, the scent of various potions still lingering in their nostrils. As they made their way down the corridors to their next class, Defence Against the Dark Arts, the topic of conversation naturally turned to their eccentric teacher, Mad Eye Moody.

"Can't believe even Professor Snape is afraid of him," Blaise remarked, a hint of disbelief in his voice.

Clarissa nodded in agreement, "It's not surprising, really. After what he did to Draco earliar I can imagine why Snape would be terrified. Moody went to Snape's room and began shouting after he transformed Draco into a ferret."

Draco's expression darkened at the mention of the incident. "I thought we agreed not to discuss that again," he said, his tone low and controlled.

Blaise couldn't resist teasing his friend. "Clarissa agreed, but I didn't," he said with a smirk.

Draco shot Blaise a withering look, but before he could respond, they arrived at their classroom and filed inside. 

  Each student took their copy of "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" as they filed into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Since the traumatizing incident involving Draco Malfoy, no student dared to provoke their new professor, the infamous Mad Eye Moody.