Chapter 18

"I wish I could say
I feel guilty for what I did
But I don't"

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

Several days had passed since Clarissa and Daphne's heated argument. The tension between them had resulted in a split amongst the group. Theo and Blaise, feeling that the quarrel was juvenile and believed that both girls should apologize to each other before their friendship was irrevocably broken. However, Draco thought differently. After their experience with Lockhart, Clarissa's position was vindicated, and Draco felt that Daphne should be the one to apologize.

Blaise urged Daphne to apologize to Clarissa to salvage their friendship. But Daphne remained defiant and agitated, seated on the sofa.

"Why should I be the one to apologize?" she snapped.

"Theo's right, this fight is just a waste of time," Blaise chimed in, flipping through his book. "I mean, we could be doing better things instead of getting caught up in your problems."

"Agreed," added Theo. "Girls can be so childish at times. But it's up to you, Daphne. If you want to break your friendship forever, that's your choice. But you could also be the bigger person and apologize. We can't force you to do anything."

Daphne was left alone to contemplate her choices. She noticed Clarissa behaving as if nothing had happened, and that made her even angrier. But as she pondered the situation, she began to feel isolated.

Blaise and Theo left to the library, and Daphne was left alone to weigh her decision. She realized that if she didn't apologize, she would be the one to bear the consequences of a lost friendship.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

"Draco, it's time for quidditch training," announced Clarissa with a tone of urgency. "As your best friend, it's my duty to ensure that you're ready and on schedule."

Draco grumbled as he started changing into his quidditch robes. "You're starting to sound like a Ravenclaw," he complained.

Clarissa teased him with a wink. "That's better than being a Hufflepuff," she replied. "Look at you, you're so adorable. Your mother would be so proud of you."

Draco protested, "I'm not adorable."

Clarissa disagreed, "Yes, you are."

Draco stubbornly shook his head, "Not."

Clarissa persisted, "Are."

Draco relented, "Fine, I am. Happy now?"

Clarissa beamed, "Ecstatic! Now hurry up or Flint will be furious with us for being late."

They rushed to the field, eager to begin training. Clarissa couldn't help but feel a sense of pride as she watched Draco take his place on the team. She knew how much this meant to him, and as his best friend, she was determined to support him every step of the way.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

The Slytherin quidditch team strode onto the field, each holding their broomsticks tightly. The Gryffindor team was already there, and Wood was fuming.

"I don't believe it!" he hissed. "I booked the field today fair and square."

Clarissa smirked. "Oh no, someone's angry."

Wood turned to Flint. "Flint! What is the meaning of this? I had booked the field today, so this is our practice time. So leave!"

Flint, a stocky chaser with a cunning smirk, replied calmly, "No need to get angry, Wood. There is plenty of space for the both of us to practice."