Chapter 35

"Sometimes, love is like the darkest shade of blue, so deep and all-consuming that it seems to swallow the light around it. But just like the sapphire, it shines with a fierce beauty, a love that defies the constraints of society and the expectations of others."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the weeks leading up to Christmas rolled by, Theo made a surprise appearance at Hogwarts, despite his heartfelt pleas to his father to allow him to spend the final days with his ailing mother. But his father, who placed a high value on education and academic pursuits, had deemed it more important for Theo to return to school, citing his previous absences as a hindrance to his education. As Theo settled back into life at Hogwarts, whispers and rumors began to circulate about his family and their supposed curses, or the possibility that Theo's predicament was karma for his family's previous support of You-Know-Who.

Theo tried his best to ignore the cruel rumors and gossip, but he couldn't help feeling a twinge of unease as he walked through the halls. The constant stares and whispers followed him wherever he went, leaving him feeling like an outsider in a place that had once been his home away from home. Despite his attempts to put on a brave face, Theo couldn't help but feel the weight of his family's troubles pressing down on him, and he wondered what the future held for him and his loved ones.

"Theo, my dear friend, have faith," Daphne said in a reassuring tone, her voice gentle and soothing. "Once you have all the facts, you'll be back home with your mother, and she will be alright."

Clarissa nodded in agreement, her eyes filled with empathy. "Daphne is right, Theo. School can provide you with the space and time to process everything."

Theo's response was barely a whisper, his eyes downcast. "None of your mothers are dying yet, so you have no right to comment."

Draco spoke up, carefully choosing his words. "Well, to be fair, Blaise's father isn't exactly alive either."

Theo's temper flared, and he snapped back, his voice tinged with bitterness. "But Blaise never knew what his father was like. So that's different!" With that, he turned and hurried back to the common room, leaving the others standing in contemplative silence.

The tension was palpable, and everyone exchanged wary glances, unsure of how to proceed. Should they follow Theo and offer comfort, or respect his need for solitude? It was a difficult decision, and the air was heavy with uncertainty.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the journey drew to a close and home loomed in the distance, Theo's yearning for solitude became palpable. He distanced himself from his companions, opting not to share the same compartment with them. When the train finally pulled into the station, he wasted no time in slipping away to follow his father, leaving the rest of the group behind in his haste.

Clarissa, observing Draco's departure, was quick to notice his determined stride as he made his way back to the estate. Her heart skipped a beat, knowing that he was resolved to take matters into his own hands. Unbeknownst to her, Draco had a plan forming in his mind, a plan that involved seeking the blessing of both his and Clarissa's parents to arrange a future that would ensure they could be together, always.

Draco reached the imposing doors of his family's manor, his mind abuzz with anticipation. He was resolute in his intent, knowing that he had to approach his parents with finesse and eloquence. He needed to prove to them that his feelings for Clarissa were profound and unwavering, beyond the fleeting fancy of youth.

Clarissa followed Draco with bated breath, admiring his unwavering determination. She longed to be by his side, but little did she know of his clandestine plan. Her heart raced with curiosity and trepidation as she watched him disappear into the manor, a sense of longing enveloping her. She was eager to see what the future held for them, though she was unaware of Draco's intentions.