Chapter 48

"People just don't

understand how obsessed

 I am with 

winning."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the days progressed, the challenges posed in classes became increasingly difficult. In Professor Moody's class, the students were in for a particularly grueling session. Moody had made it his mission to show the students what it was like to be placed under the imperius curse, an act which even Dumbledore had approved, much to the surprise and confusion of many.

"Told you, love," Draco whispered to Clarissa. "Dumbledore's clearly lost his marbles. Is he trying to get us all killed?"

Clarissa shook her head, her eyes darting nervously around the room. "I don't know. But why does Professor Moody keep staring at us?"

Moody was indeed looking their way, his magical eye fixed upon them with a steely determination. It made them feel uneasy, as though he could see right through them, see every secret they were trying to hide.

Professor Moody continued to place each student under the imperius curse, forcing them to perform bizarre and outlandish tasks. Crabbe was made to touch a spider and place it on his own head, his expression remaining blank and traumatised as he did so. Blaise jumped up and down like a crazed jack-in-the-box, his movements jerky and uncoordinated. Daphne was forced to hop on one foot while singing the school song in a silly, high-pitched voice. 

As the imperius curse was placed on each student in turn, it became increasingly clear that none of them were able to resist its force. Each one was subjected to humiliating acts that left them feeling powerless and exposed. Clarissa, unable to cope with the pressure, bolted from the classroom in a panic. Draco, on the other hand, was transformed into a small, furry ferret by the professor's spell.

As the other students watched in horror, Draco scurried about the room, his tiny body twitching and jerking uncontrollably. He let out a series of pitiful squeaks as he struggled to break free from the curse's grip, but it was no use. He was completely at the mercy of Professor Moody's dark magic.

The sight of their classmate reduced to such a pitiful state was deeply unsettling, and many of the other students felt a sense of fear and unease creeping over them. It was clear that they were dealing with forces far beyond their understanding, and that the stakes were higher than they had ever imagined. As the lesson continued, they could only watch in stunned silence as their professor continued to wield his power over them with terrifying ease.

As they were on their way to the next classes,  their faces were contorted with anger and frustration. The humiliation they had just experienced was unbearable. 

"That was humiliating, what was Dumbledore thinking when he hired this buffoon?" Clarissa seethed, her voice laced with venom.

"He clearly wasn't thinking," Draco replied, his tone clipped and cold. "Wait till my father hears about this. He won't stand for it."

Blaise, who was usually quick to jump to Draco's defense, nodded in agreement. "Normally I would hate it when you say that," he said, "but this time I don't blame you. This is unacceptable."

Clarissa's eyes flashed with rage. "Who does he think he is?" she spat. "Plus, what was that when he put the Imperius Curse on you and transfigured you into a ferret? It's like he's not even trying to hide his disdain for us."

Draco's jaw tightened at the memory. The sensation of being forced to obey the will of another was nauseating, and the humiliation of being turned into a ferret again in front of  everyone was almost too much to bear. But he was a Malfoy, and he wouldn't let anyone see him weak.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the days passed, the students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry found themselves under an immense amount of stress as the upcoming assessments loomed over them. It was a difficult time for everyone, with each student buried deep in their studies, striving to achieve the highest grades possible.

In their potions class, they were tasked with creating an antidote, a task that proved to be a breeze for Clarissa. Her parents had been sure to train her and teach her everything she needed to know about potion-making, ensuring that she was well-prepared for such a task.

However, things took a turn for the worse when the half-breed giant proposed an idea to observe the skrewts and make notes on their extraordinary behavior. Draco was quick to reject the idea, his voice flat as he spoke. "We have seen enough of these foul things during lessons, thanks."

Clarissa was in agreement with Draco, finding the idea absurd and not worth the time and effort. "Plus, if you ask me, this is absolutely insane."

Their teacher, however, was not pleased with their reluctance to participate. "Yeh'll do wha' yer told," he growled, his eyes narrowing. "Or I'll be takin' a leaf outta Professor Moody's book... I hear yeh made a good ferret Malfoy, and especially that ferret of yours white."

Clarissa was taken aback by the teacher's words, her tone incredulous as she spoke. "Is that a threat? You're supposed to be our teacher! Not humiliating and giving threats!"

Draco Malfoy's frustration simmered as he glared at the half-breed giant leading their Care of Magical Creatures lesson. "If my father was here!" he shouted, his tone laced with entitlement and superiority.

"Well he isn't, now get on with it," the giant bellowed back, his voice booming across the grounds.

The lesson ended with a sigh of relief from the students, and they began to make their way back to the castle. As they walked, they noticed a large sign announcing the upcoming Triwizard Tournament. The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were set to arrive in just a week's time, and Hogwarts was abuzz with excitement and speculation about who would be competing.

Draco scoffed at the idea of Slytherins foolishly entering the tournament, knowing it was practically a death sentence. He had no doubt that Gryffindors, especially the insufferable Harry Potter, would jump at the chance to compete. As the days passed, tensions rose, and everyone could feel the anticipation building for the arrival of the foreign schools and the beginning of the tournament.

As the students entered the Great Hall for breakfast, the air was thick with anticipation and speculation about the upcoming Triwizard Tournament. Draco and Clarissa had made a bet about the participation of the famed Harry Potter.

Clarissa scoffed at the mere suggestion that Potter would be brave enough to compete in the tournament despite being underage. "He would only make a fool out of himself," she said with a smirk. "Potter is not skilled enough to do something so courageous."

Draco, always eager for a challenge, was quick to take the bet. "I bet you 50 galleons that he will compete," he declared confidently.

Clarissa's eyes gleamed with amusement as she leaned in, her voice low and sultry. "And if I win, what's in it for me?" Her tone was cunning and calculative, and Draco couldn't help but feel a shiver run down his spine at the thought of what she might demand.

Draco hesitated for a moment, but then regained his composure. "If you win, I'll do whatever you want, my lady," he replied with a sly grin.

Clarissa laughed, the sound like music to Draco's ears. "I like the sound of that," she said, the corners of her lips curling into a wicked smile. "Let the games begin."

With that, the two turned their attention back to their breakfast, eager for the start of the tournament and the outcome of their bet. The hall buzzed with excitement as everyone speculated about who would be chosen as Hogwarts' champion, and whether or not the famed Harry Potter would indeed compete.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳