Chapter 19

"The power to make
people fear you is the only
power you need."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

As the month of training commenced, the Slytherin Quidditch team was fully focused on their ultimate goal: to defeat the Gryffindor team. This was a must-win game as they couldn't bear the thought of another embarrassing loss. They knew they had to prove their worth this year and make a grand comeback.

With each passing day, the team trained tirelessly, perfecting their techniques and strategies. Flint, the team captain, was a strict and tough leader who pushed his players to their limits. Draco, the team's star player, was determined to outshine Harry Potter, Gryffindor's renowned seeker. Clarissa, the team's talented chaser, was equally committed and gave her all in every practice session.

The atmosphere was intense as the team knew the importance of their upcoming game. Each one of them was determined to bring their A-game to the field and secure a victory for their house. The thought of losing again was unbearable, and they couldn't let their fellow Slytherins down.

As the days turned into weeks, the team's hard work and dedication began to pay off. They became faster, stronger, and more precise in their movements. The players started to develop a strong bond, working together as a cohesive unit.

This year's match was going to be a showdown, and the Slytherin team was ready to prove their worth. They were going to show everyone what they were made of and bring the Quidditch Cup home.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

"Draco, focus!" bellowed Flint, his voice cutting through the sound of the wind and the distant cheers from the stands. "You're the seeker, you need to be ready to catch the snitch the moment it appears. We need to beat those Gryffindors, or we'll never hear the end of it. Do you understand?"

Draco nodded, his eyes trained on the Quidditch pitch. He was the youngest player on the Slytherin team, but he knew that he had to prove himself. This was his chance to shine, to show everyone what he was capable of.

Clarissa watched him from a distance, her heart beating fast. She had always admired Draco's skill on the Quidditch field. He moved with such grace and speed, it was like he was born to play. And yet, she knew that there was more to him than just his talent. He had a fierce determination, a drive to succeed that was unmatched by anyone else on the team.

But then, Flint's voice broke through her thoughts. He was yelling at Draco again, berating him for his mistakes. Clarissa winced, feeling a surge of anger rise up within her. She knew that Flint was just trying to motivate Draco, but the way he spoke to him was cruel and unnecessary.

"Excuse me," she said, stepping forward. "I think you're being a bit harsh, Flint. Draco is only a second year, he's doing his best."

Flint glared at her, his eyes darkening. "Oh shut it Clarissa, you don't know anything about Quidditch. So I suggest you butt out and stay out of the conversation," he spat.

Clarissa felt a flush of anger rise up in her cheeks. She knew that Flint was just trying to get under her skin, but there was no need for him to be this harsh considering Draco was only a 2nd grader. "I'm just saying, you don't need to be so hard on him. He's still learning."

Blaise, who had been watching from the sidelines, spoke up. "I think Clarissa has a point. Draco is making mistakes, but he's still doing pretty well for his age."

Flint scowled, but he didn't say anything else. Instead, he turned back to Draco. "Take a break," he said shortly. "We'll continue this later."

As the other players wandered off, Clarissa stayed behind. She could see that Draco was frustrated, his shoulders slumped and his face twisted with anger. She wanted to say something, to offer him some words of encouragement, but she didn't know what to say.